Best Pizza Places in the USA [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pizza Places in the USA [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Charlie's Pizzeria in NE Philly. It's quite a hike from downtown and not in the best neighborhood, however whenever I pass around the area, I can't help to get one.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
In NYC tonight and my BIL recommended B Side Pizza in Hell's Kitchen. Absolutely fantastic - the Killer Bee lived up to the Yelp hype.

Now need to decide whether to try Pizzeria Bianco when I'm in Phoenix next week.

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 1, 2016 at 9:48 pm
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:51 am

My favorite is the Pizza barn in the huge metropolis of Edgewood New Mexico....

Of course I am only ever there with great people, and on holidays... so my assessment may be skewed a little.....^
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:05 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by Duke787
Now need to decide whether to try Pizzeria Bianco when I'm in Phoenix next week.
This may be relevant to you:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/di...is-bianco.html
Old May 29, 2017, 8:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had an absolutely amazing pizza last night at Pies and Pints in Charleston, WV. One of the best I've had in quite some time in fact. I wasn't expecting it but wow, I wish I could go back.

I got the Thai
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:18 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Keste is my favorite!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Independent
I vote for Pizzaria Regina. It's a small Boston chain (avoid the Foxwoods location). For a mall pizza shop, it is exceptionally good. there is one trick - ask them to make it crispy. Also, if you find someone who has been with the company for several years ask them about their special oil. they used to offer it as a "topping" - it makes it a little oily if you pour it right on, but use it to dip and it is great!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I've lived in Boston a long time....and I've never understood the fascination with either Santarpios (oily, greek crust, substandard ingredients) or Regina's (blah). I much prefer Bertucci's for a local chain, but even better local places (in order of preference) are Posto in Somerville (arugula and prosciutto), Emma's in Cambridge (the #9 is to DIE for) and Bella Luna in Jamaica Plain.

Outside of Boston, I love MSP's MPunch Pizza (all of them, but, the nutella dessert pizza, oh my) and DC's &Pizza (Capitol Hill). Oh, and the nameless faceless French place where I first discovered real Italian pizza 20 years ago. Lurve.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by navi_jen
I've lived in Boston a long time....and I've never understood the fascination with either Santarpios (oily, greek crust, substandard ingredients) or Regina's (blah). I much prefer Bertucci's for a local chain, but even better local places (in order of preference) are Posto in Somerville (arugula and prosciutto), Emma's in Cambridge (the #9 is to DIE for) and Bella Luna in Jamaica Plain.

Outside of Boston, I love MSP's MPunch Pizza (all of them, but, the nutella dessert pizza, oh my) and DC's &Pizza (Capitol Hill). Oh, and the nameless faceless French place where I first discovered real Italian pizza 20 years ago. Lurve.
"San-tah-pee-ohs" is so overrated I can't begin to tell you ^
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: Independent
I don't like Santarpios. I am not a huge fan of Greek style unless it is done just right, and I usually hate the sauce they use. And while a lot of people claim Santarpios is not Greek style, I think it is.

The original Regina's in the North End is good IF you hit it at the right time. Too often they are overcrowded and their pizza comes straight out of the oven and doesn't have time to age. Some of the inner city satellite locations weren't great - too much rush - but I think if you hit the ones outside the city they are much better. But, pizza is one of those things that with such few simple ingredients comes in a vast multitude of styles. If you like Greek style you probably hate a place like Regina. If you like California style you probably hate Greek and Thin Crust. If you love pan style, well, I guess you are kind of screwed these days because there are not too many good ones around anymore.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Fuoco Pizzeria in Fullerton, CA is the best pizza outside of Italy that I've had. I go there at least a couple times a week when I'm working in LA area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.