Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best Pizza Places in the USA [merged threads]

Best Pizza Places in the USA [merged threads]

Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:20 pm

I ate there three weeks ago, so yes it is still around and very popular. My friend went before 5 and still had to wait for a table for 2.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA (Silver), WN
When in St. Louis, you should visit Vito's on Lindell Boulevard in mid-town.
Excellent Pizza's, Pastas, and ample selection of beers and wines.
http://vitosstl.com/
Bon appetito,
Menko
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:35 am

Talking If You're at JFK, you must go to Amore's

The best pizza place in New York, also happens to be well-placed for flyers. It's about 15 minutes from JFK.

It's called Amore's (or maybe just Amore) and it's constantly ranked as one of the best pizza places in Queens, but on my list it's the best in NYC. It's a neighborhood joint, with ridiculously good pies that never sit around (because there's enough volume that they don't last more than two minutes on the counter).

The sauce is this sweet, wonderful bit. The cheese is good, but not overwhelming. The crust is thin, and stays together without being overly crispy or chewy. The topping, if you really want any on top of that damn good slice, are also excellent. I'm telling you, this is a great slice.

If you have a layover, grab an Uber and check this place out.@:-)
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Originally Posted by msit
The best pizza place in New York, also happens to be well-placed for flyers. It's about 15 minutes from JFK.

It's called Amore's (or maybe just Amore) and it's constantly ranked as one of the best pizza places in Queens, but on my list it's the best in NYC. It's a neighborhood joint, with ridiculously good pies that never sit around (because there's enough volume that they don't last more than two minutes on the counter).

The sauce is this sweet, wonderful bit. The cheese is good, but not overwhelming. The crust is thin, and stays together without being overly crispy or chewy. The topping, if you really want any on top of that damn good slice, are also excellent. I'm telling you, this is a great slice.

If you have a layover, grab an Uber and check this place out.@:-)
Are you talking about this spot: http://www.yelp.com/biz/amore-pizzeria-flushing

There is another place by JFK - http://www.yelp.com/biz/new-park-pizzeria-howard-beach. A solid spot!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have a friend who's a pilot for Eagle and he swears by that Howard Beach location ^
Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Five us went to Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, the location near the AZ Biltmore on Friday evening. Just as good, if not better than the original. We shared three different pizzas (Margherita, Sonny Boy and Biancoverde) and pasta. One of our friends, originally from Milan and now living in London, who visits the U.S. two or three times per year, said it was the best pizza he's ever had in the U.S. Everyone, three of whom had never been, thought everything was outstanding. It didn't hurt that the entire bill of $190 (including two bottles of wine and dessert) was comped by Mr. Bianco himself (because of an issue that had nothing to do with the service or food).

Once the Lou Malnati's opens in Phoenix, he'll finally have some competition!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Five us went to Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, the location near the AZ Biltmore on Friday evening. Just as good, if not better than the original. We shared three different pizzas (Margherita, Sonny Boy and Biancoverde) and pasta. One of our friends, originally from Milan and now living in London, who visits the U.S. two or three times per year, said it was the best pizza he's ever had in the U.S. Everyone, three of whom had never been, thought everything was outstanding. It didn't hurt that the entire bill of $190 (including two bottles of wine and dessert) was comped by Mr. Bianco himself (because of an issue that had nothing to do with the service or food).
I know you know pizza, so I'm glad to hear you liked the place as much as I did. With summer coming on, I'm hoping to do another evening of Diamondbacks baseball and pizza ^
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:16 pm

Pizza Hut has excellent pizza. For local pizza restaurants, Nick's House of Pizza Restaurant in West Columbia, SC has good pizza. DeRoma's Pizza in Pawleys Island, SC has some of the best pizza there is.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by cslewis
Pizza Hut has excellent pizza.
I hear the residents of Pittsburg voted for Olive Garden as best Italian restaurant a couple of years ago.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Prince Street Pizza in NYC. Get a slice of their Sicilian-style pepperoni and you will thank me.

(I am no fan of generic Sicilian-style pizza, but this is absolutely delicious)
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Agreed, their Spicy Spring Square pizza is amazing.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Recently moved from Chicagoland to Anna Maria Island Florida, right by Sarasota/ Bradenton

Any pie suggestions? Especially thin crust in this area?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ceres
Recently moved from Chicagoland to Anna Maria Island Florida, right by Sarasota/ Bradenton

Any pie suggestions? Especially thin crust in this area?
Didn't you see the Pizza Hut recommendation above?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Yes I did
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Didn't you see the Pizza Hut recommendation above?
There's a Papa Johns vote earlier in the thread with Pizza Hut placed second...

In the West Bay, Zachary's in Oakland or the Cheese Board in Berkeley.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.