Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Pizza Places in the USA [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Earlier in the week, I celebrated the Big 6 0 at Di Fara's. They recently started doing private parties between 7 - 10 in the evening. I was limited to 24 people since they have 24 chairs. $30 bucks a person all-in, and that includes all the made in Mexico Pepsi you can drink (plus other beverages). I brought wine (topic for another thread).

Dom just keeps making whatever type of pizza my heart desired.
Not a person left hungry.

Di Fara's keeps winning all these awards. It's good for him, but bad for you since you can expect to wait 20 - 90 minutes for a slice. Tip, call a few days ahead (if they pick up), and pre-order a pie.

They have the most expensive slice in NY Five bucks, but it's worth every penny. I've been eating here on and on since he opened in the mid 60's. In those days, you could just stroll in.

Di Fara's is just a 30 - 45 minute subway ride from midtown Manhattan.

dh
I had no idea you could do this! I'll have to call my friends who love pizza and get a pizza party going. My mouth is watering as I type this. I haven't been there in so long.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Despite having traveled there regularly for a dozen years and living there for seven, I finally tried Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. I was visiting with Jackal and as we were leaving Chase Field after a Diamondbacks game, I called and asked how long the wait would be. They said if we were there now, there would be no wait. We literally ran the quarter mile to make sure we got the table. Worth the hype?

Oh my my, oh hell yes. I'd say Top 5 best pizza I've ever had. I got a Wiseguy which is usually fennel sausage and onions but I substituted red sauce for onions and it was amazing. Plus, being at an intimate, 40 seat restaurant in a nice, often ignored part of Downtown Phoenix on a warm summer's night couldn't be beat.

Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
My mouth is watering. Can't wait for Spring Training '15 to go back for more, when it's 75° as opposed to 100°.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nainas28
Go to Ray's Patzeria in New York, right off of Times Square. It's opposite one of the theatres (I think the Roy Rodger's theatre) and the Marriott Marquis.
Roy Rodgers theater??? I think you mean the Richard Rodgers! lol!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
My mouth is watering. Can't wait for Spring Training '15 to go back for more, when it's 75° as opposed to 100°.
We got lucky, the high Saturday was in the mid-90's and by the time we got there it had already gotten dark and was in the 80's and dropping with a nice breeze. We sat outside there and then at Four Peaks and didn't even break a sweat!
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by daprophecy
I had no idea you could do this! I'll have to call my friends who love pizza and get a pizza party going. My mouth is watering as I type this. I haven't been there in so long.
If you call today, you'd probably get a date in spring 2015.
I already have a late winter date booked.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Despite having traveled there regularly for a dozen years and living there for seven, I finally tried Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix.
My wine friends are all over this place.

dh
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Oh my my, oh hell yes. I'd say Top 5 best pizza I've ever had. I got a Wiseguy which is usually fennel sausage and onions but I substituted red sauce for onions and it was amazing.
Glad you loved it. Still getting my "lived in the Valley for 30 years" parents to actually give the place a try.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: SPG preferred, AA, United
Hey guys, just temporarily relocated to Fort Myers for work. Anyone know any good places around the area? I checked and saw a Grimaldi's but anything besides that? Any help will be appreciated!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Sorry daprophecy, can't hep you down in FL, but I saw the thread and thought I'd add my $0.02

Felicia's Pizza Ardmore Philly, Pizzaeria Bruno San Diego, and Milo's San Diego too.

R.I.P Old World Pizza in Princeton.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Saw this thread pop up and since I moved to Shanghai from Wallingford, CT (just north of New Haven), I'm missing some good ol' apizza.

The aforementions Frank Pepe's (known as Pepe's) and Sally's rule the world but each for specific pizzas. Nothing beats Pepe's white clam pizza.

Bar (also in New Haven) does a good pizza.

Back home in Wallingford a block from my old apartment, Blue Moon Cafe does an amazing shrimp and zucchini pizza.

Someone upthread mentioned that they judge places based on a Margherita. I do it on a cheese pizza. If you can't get a simple cheese pizza right, you'll never get me to try anything else.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I'm in NYC, so I feel a bit spoiled If I had to go with a pie, I might say di Fara's - it's just incredibly divine. Individual slices, my go-to spot as of late has been Prince Street Pizza, which does a version of Sicilian pepperoni that is just mind-blowingly good - nice crunchy crust without being too heavy, and laced with plenty of pepperoni and a really tasty tomato sauce base.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 9:15 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
Saw this thread pop up and since I moved to Shanghai from Wallingford, CT (just north of New Haven), I'm missing some good ol' apizza.

The aforementions Frank Pepe's (known as Pepe's) and Sally's rule the world but each for specific pizzas. Nothing beats Pepe's white clam pizza.

Bar (also in New Haven) does a good pizza.

Back home in Wallingford a block from my old apartment, Blue Moon Cafe does an amazing shrimp and zucchini pizza.

Someone upthread mentioned that they judge places based on a Margherita. I do it on a cheese pizza. If you can't get a simple cheese pizza right, you'll never get me to try anything else.
Pepe's is good, as is the Foxon Park Cola. Bar was decent too...had a mashed potato pie there.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 7:13 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Should you find yourself in Nashville at any point, I highly recommend Five Points Pizza in East Nashville. Very good slices/pies in the NY style. It's not AS good as NY pizza, but it's one of the closest I've had.

If you prefer Neopolitan-style, DeSanno's near Music Row is excellent as well.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Pepe's is good, as is the Foxon Park Cola. Bar was decent too...had a mashed potato pie there.
I'm more partial to the Birch Beer. Boy, do I miss living in that area. Two top pizza joints and two top hamburger joints.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: VAG
I'm not going to read through every page of this thread to see if it's been mentioned, but I've gotta put in a plug for Cheeseboard pizza in Berkeley CA.

One type of pizza per day. $2.50 a slice (plus tax). Queues down the street every day. Today is "Roma tomato, red onion, mozzarella and Bulgarian feta cheeses, garlic olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, cilantro". But sometimes you'll get some unexpected combinations of flavours, I remember one with peaches which was quite good.

I used to work at Berkeley, and now I find an excuse to go back to Cheeseboard every time I happen to be in California. It's that good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.