Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chipotle" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
Chipotle is good, but has anyone had Freebirds?? I personally think it's a bit better. They are only located in a few states, but a definite must try if you like burritos or burrito bowls!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I Chipotle by going to the the little locally-owned place directly across the street.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Bowl, brown, black, chicken, veggies, cheese. Try to resist chips and fail.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I rarely get chipotle if I'm home in Houston since there are just so many other places to get burritos from. It's usually, i'm in some random place and don't have time to figure out somewhere better/more unique.

I like the bowl, black beans, carnitas, spicy salsa, lettuce, corn, cheese, and veggies.

Last time I went to Chipotle was a few months ago on a day where if you bought the new tofu burrito, bring your receipt back for a free burrito a week later. When I went around dinner time, they had run out of tofu but honored the deal anyway so I got two meat burritos for the price of 1.

A local chain named Uberrito (used to be called Mission Burrito, which was a way better name) is really solid. Way better than Chipotle/Freebirds and same price, maybe a bit less.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Nov 1, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:34 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
So THAT's why my Chipotle was empty today!

I walked into my regular Chipotle today.

Typically the line is pretty long and it takes me 10-15 minutes to get my salad.

Today there were like 4 people in the joint and I walked in and out in like 3 minutes.

Later I saw this: http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...ington-n457611

I love me a good Chipotle panic!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I walked by the one in the Reston Town Center last night at 6:45 p.m. and ZERO people in Line; I've never ever seen that and I hit this place maybe once a week
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I went yesterday to pick up lunch for Mrs. Swede and I. I walked straight up to order. Maybe a bit of luck because 10 people had lined up behind me by the time I was finished.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I walked by the one in the Reston Town Center last night at 6:45 p.m. and ZERO people in Line; I've never ever seen that and I hit this place maybe once a week
Haha, misinterpretation of "Washington" perhaps?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I haven't been to Chipotle in years. Now I have a craving. Thanks a lot, Obama . . . err, I mean, FT!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Ooh... I need me a good E. coli-induced-panic burrito bowl...
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:38 am

I stopped eating Chipotle when they jumped on the anti-science GMO-free bandwagon. So I was spared the E.coli.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I went Saturday evening in Durham and the line was only 3 people, this location is right next to Duke University and usually the line is two dozen long even at odd hours.

On another note: does anyone else like to do half meats? I do half chicken and half steak because you get more meat than you would if you asked for just steak and you only get charged for one meat, instead of extra like if you asked for double steak.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:30 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Burrito
- Half Chicken
- Half Steak
- Hot Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Corn
- Lettuce
- Cheese

Side of chips
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:33 am

We went to Chipotle Saturday night. Normally the line would be out the door and around the building. There were 3 people ahead of us.

Still trying to figure why people in Pennsylvania are avoiding a place that has some trouble 3,000 miles away...
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Still trying to figure why people in Pennsylvania are avoiding a place that has some trouble 3,000 miles away...
I don't get this either. FWIW, all the Central Florida locations I've visited seem to be pretty much normal. With locally sourced ingredients, once can be assured nothing from Oregon is going to make it down here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.