Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever had a good sub at Subway?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I really like Subway for a change - so about once every 2 months when I am traveling. I used to love the Seafood sensation and always used to get the 12 inch. I have not seen that sandwich in any location for ages.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kipper
Our Jimmy John's is good about following our requests. I would hope all locations would be as well.
As we found out with Subway, it can be a huge YMMV.

I see on Jimmy John's website (and other websites) that they will not provide an allergen menu. I have to e-mail them about what I'd like to eat. Not very customer-friendly.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by pseudoswede

I see on Jimmy John's website (and other websites) that they will not provide an allergen menu. I have to e-mail them about what I'd like to eat. Not very customer-friendly.
That's frustrating. Fortunately I just ask them to keep the cheese away from my sandwich and I'm good.

I left Firehouse off my list. They're a bit greasy for my taste and I have to ask for everything without cheese but I can still go there and not be unhappy.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Back in the day of Subway's original cut, a seafood and crab with shredded iceberg lettuce, black olives, salt and pepper on a squishy white loaf was my go to. It's a wonder I never got sick.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by work2fly
Back in the day of Subway's original cut, a seafood and crab with shredded iceberg lettuce, black olives, salt and pepper on a squishy white loaf was my go to.
^^ Loved it
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Subway is pretty much my traveling lunch every week although that's changing as both JJ's and Potbelly have superior bread.

One can eat very healthy (or not) at Subway. i get a 12" white Italian load with just about every veggie and turkey breast. No mayo just mustard and no cheese. Perfectly healthy sandwich.

I can find the same too at both Potbelly and Jimmy John's.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

Originally Posted by work2fly
Back in the day of Subway's original cut, a seafood and crab with shredded iceberg lettuce, black olives, salt and pepper on a squishy white loaf was my go to.
^^ Loved it
Oh yes... Yummy!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by pseudoswede

Interesting. I thought they had all of that on their website, or at least used to have it there.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I don't mind Subway when they have decent specials, but overall the menu prices feel high for what they are. Typically don't have Subway unless I'm out of town.

My faves are the Italian BMT and chicken bacon ranch.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:38 pm

Never.

I dislike their pre-cut meat (which is packed in goo), wilted veggies and odd smelling bread.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got a surprisingly fresh sub at Jersey Mike's LAS.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I used to go to Subway infrequently in the days of the Jared cut-outs and stand-up figures.

Jersey Mike's blew it so much out of the water that I could count on one hand the number of times I've been to Subway in the last 10 years.

Nowadays around here there's Jersey Mike's, Lenny's, Jimmy John's, Baldinos, Quiznos, Firehouse, and Subway. I still give Jersey Mike's a slight edge in quality but Lenny's usually out-markets them.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 4:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by RustyC
I used to go to Subway infrequently in the days of the Jared cut-outs and stand-up figures.

Jersey Mike's blew it so much out of the water that I could count on one hand the number of times I've been to Subway in the last 10 years.

Nowadays around here there's Jersey Mike's, Lenny's, Jimmy John's, Baldinos, Quiznos, Firehouse, and Subway. I still give Jersey Mike's a slight edge in quality but Lenny's usually out-markets them.
I wasn't impressed with Jersey Mike's when I was there years ago. Perhaps it is time to try it again.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by kipper
I wasn't impressed with Jersey Mike's when I was there years ago. Perhaps it is time to try it again.
Likewise. I thought they were awful. Boring bread and subpar cold cuts with very limited toppings available. Are we supposed to think that somehow the meats are better since they take them to the slicer?

I find the little wrap the end of the package at the end annoying too.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:23 am

Subway has sandwiches for strict vegetarians. So, yeah, I go.

Nothing at Quiznos.
Jimmy John (nicely) cobbled together some white bread, cucumbers, tomatoes and some kind of avocado paste. I needed seven sodas to wash it down. (Again, they were nice about it, Christmas Day in Flagstaff.)
Togo's doesn't really have anything - its hummus sandwich contains dairy...along with 40 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat and 1,000 calories

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.