Search

Make Valentine's Day reservations ASAP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Rio?

Anyone know a good restaurant in Rio for V-Day? Do they do V-Day in Brazil?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:47 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by Analise
Of course FedEx will be making regular residential deliveries on Monday Feb 14. Just use their overnight, 2 day, or 3 day supersaver products. That's quite a choice!!
I should clarify: FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery do not deliver on Monday. Ever. FedEx Priority Overnight sent Friday will be delivered on Monday. FedEx2Day would have to be sent Thursday for Monday delivery (requires two business days) and FedEx Express Saver requires 3 business days. Saturday pickup is available at extra cost, but only in certain major areas.

No one wants flowers or chocolate covered strawberries that have been in transit that long. And no one wants a Valentine's gift that arrives the day after.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
This year, for the umpteenth year in a row, we will celebrate Valentine's Day on some other day - in this case, tonight February 10, the Friday before. Reservations are still tricky. I did not want to wait as late as I would have needed to at my first choice and went with another place that could seat us at our preferred time of 6:30.

I guess it's like staying home on New Year's Eve. I don't want to fight crowds and suffer inferior service. Anyone else or am I the only unromantic sort?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
We're going out Saturday night, and I made reservations like 2-3 weeks ago (after confirming with the other that going out the weekend before was ok, naturally).
Old Feb 11, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I guess it's like staying home on New Year's Eve. I don't want to fight crowds and suffer inferior service. Anyone else or am I the only unromantic sort?
Back when I was in a relationship, I always preferred staying in on V-Day. Like you, I see no reason to get forced through the system of fixed menus and stuff.

My Valentines Day will probably involve going to my weekly run club (they have sent out a facebook update to feel free to dress in stoplight colors to signify your RL status ) and then after (probably) striking out at run club, going home to watch some movie on Netflix.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Our local Southern Hospitality, Justin Timberlake's restaurant venture, is having a Valentine's Day prix fixe menu from 2/10-2/15. Based on our schedule, the only day that works for us happens to be tomorrow. Plenty of availability after 7:15pm even today.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:10 pm
Suspended

We have reservation tomorrow on a small indian restaurant near our house
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
We are staying in for Valentine's Day. Even our favorite bar was packed on Saturday night.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a flank steak marinating, baked potatoes with sour cream and butter and zucchini for the grill. I'll probably raid the wine rack for something nicer than the 1.5 ML bottles we usually pour. No dessert, although I did treat Mrs. BamaVol to cinnamon donut holes for breakfast.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Vaucluse
We have reservation tomorrow on a small indian restaurant near our house
My Facebook feed reminded me that seven years ago, Mrs. Swede and I had Indian food for Valentine's Day dinner, then we went and watched Up in the Air.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
We are staying in for Valentine's Day. Even our favorite bar was packed on Saturday night.
I do a run club on Tuesday evenings and the bar that we meet at was pretty empty this evening.

I for one am sitting at home in my pyjamas taking a break from my Netflix binge on FT
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a flank steak marinating, baked potatoes with sour cream and butter and zucchini for the grill. I'll probably raid the wine rack for something nicer than the 1.5 ML bottles we usually pour. No dessert, although I did treat Mrs. BamaVol to cinnamon donut holes for breakfast.
That sounds perfect!
Old Feb 15, 2017, 5:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I do a run club on Tuesday evenings and the bar that we meet at was pretty empty this evening.

I for one am sitting at home in my pyjamas taking a break from my Netflix binge on FT
I'm surprised. I figured a lot of people would be out yesterday.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
I'm surprised. I figured a lot of people would be out yesterday.
Around here, you name the restaurant, it was busy last night. Mrs. BamaVol would be disappointed and puzzled if I took her to Chow Time Chinese buffet for valentines day. Yet, there was a line of couples out the door as I drove past on my way home. I guess it's a treat if you don't go out frequently.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Around here, you name the restaurant, it was busy last night. Mrs. BamaVol would be disappointed and puzzled if I took her to Chow Time Chinese buffet for valentines day. Yet, there was a line of couples out the door as I drove past on my way home. I guess it's a treat if you don't go out frequently.
We came 30 mins early on our reservation and was able to sit immediately. The bigger italian restaurant next door is pretty packed though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.