Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Where Are The Best Steakhouses In The World?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Are The Best Steakhouses In The World?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
Anyone been to Bern's recently? Going to be in Tampa but recent reviews of Bern's are a little inconsistent. Been on my bucket list for awhile
When I was there almost a year ago, I found the food to be very good but not quite excellent.

Be sure to tour their kitchen and wine cellar — free of charge — after you finish your meal.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:17 pm

Anyone been to Bern's recently? Going to be in Tampa but recent reviews of Bern's are a little inconsistent. Been on my bucket list for awhile

When you go make sure to save room for The Harry Waugh Dessert Room(same building). My favorite part about dining at Bern's.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:56 pm

Minetta Tavern in New York City

Last edited by cslewis; Sep 27, 2016 at 4:57 pm Reason: Left the y out in City
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
When I was there almost a year ago, I found the food to be very good but not quite excellent.

Be sure to tour their kitchen and wine cellar — free of charge — after you finish your meal.
Thanks. That is helpful

Last steak I had in the US was at Charlie Palmer's in Las Vegas and I thought it was excellent. Will try London Steakhouse Co - City next month. Will report back

Originally Posted by Brandon727
When you go make sure to save room for The Harry Waugh Dessert Room(same building). My favorite part about dining at Bern's.
My kids will probably like that

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 28, 2016 at 4:39 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I forgot to post about this place after visiting last year. A friend from Zurich told me about it

It is Cafe de Paris in Geneva. They have a few others locations, Zurich and Paris I think.

http://geneve.chezboubier.com/en/

It is a real steak place. They have one entree on the menu, steak with salad and fries. Plus of course cheese and desserts. As I recall, after being seated they ask about wine/beverages, salad dressing and how you like your steak done. The steak was outstanding and comes with their flavored butter, which is wonderfully good, and nice, crisp fries. Throughout the dinner they come around with a platter of hot fries and top your plate up if you wish. Really outstanding place, went with a few people and we all loved it. Also, the price of the steak dinner is under 50 Euros. Wine and deserts of course add to that. But on the same trip I paid 96 Euro for my damn Sunday brunch at my hotel so that is a VERY good price for central Geneva.
So glad I took a peek at this thread. I ate here in the early 90's and still remember how amazing the steak was. Brought sizzling to the table on a butcher block that was shared among the party.

I actually tried to look it up a couple years ago online but couldn't find it, possibly because I was only searching for Cafe de Paris (but it still should have popped up).

I cannot believe they have a location in Stockholm! And only 22 minutes walk from the hotel where my husband and I stayed just over a year ago. I wish I had known.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:47 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Went to Bern's about 6 months ago, likely one of my best experiences for a steakhouse.

My other plug is a newer place in Los Angeles called Alexander's that carries a lot of various Japanese cuts.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by MtlTourist
Favorite steakhouses:
Seattle/Bellevue, WA - Daniel's Broiler. Had Filet Mignon a la Oscar. One of the best steaks I ever ate.
Seattle, WA - Metropolitan Grill. Enjoyed the Filet there as well. They offered 1/2 Wagyu (sp?) and 1/2 American. Both were delicious.
John Howie Steakhouse ($$$$), El Gaucho & Jaks Grill are all solid choices in the Seattle / Bellevue area as well.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
John Howie Steakhouse ($$$$)
Ouch. Looks like a steak incl. 1-2 sides will run you $100 incl. tax/tip (not including appetizer, dessert or drinks).
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I'd say on balance that the best steakhouse I've been to is the Bowery Meat Company in NYC. The best steak I've ever had, though, was in Kyoto, at a French-inspired restaurant called Misogigawa. Filet mignon stuffed with black truffle-infused foie gras...I couldn't believe how insanely delicious that was...the food of gods.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:00 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
After being reminded of it on this thread, I was able to go to Bern's over the weekend for the first time. Had the chateaubriand. Everything was wonderful, including the wine cellar tour and the dessert room. Amazing.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I made my one and only visit to Bern's in 2000. Big client dinner with lots of wine, dessert, and a cigar afterwards. Did the wine cellar tour as well.

I remember moving to a separate semi-private room to smoke the cigars. Guessing that isn't permitted anymore, but I'm assuming this must have been the "dessert room"?

It was truly a great meal. These days, I like the steaks off of my own grill better than anything else, so when we eat any type of gourmet/fine dining out at a restaurant, it tends to be something other than steak.

Kansas City used to have some top steakhouses but, IMHO, they've all gone downhill. Or...they've remained so firmly entrenched in their 1970's decor and atmosphere that it feels like the world has passed them by. Now we have quite a few fine restaurants where one can order steak (generally a smaller steak than a big steakhouse-steak), but the menus are more balanced out with other entrees.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:56 am

Great suggestions! Makes me want to go and try some!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Choice - Plat, Avis - Presidents Club
Ate at Bern's two weeks ago, just as spectacular as ever. Without a doubt my top vote.

I've actually done a same day flight to TPA with the only objective being dinner at Bern's three times in the past decade... the CPM was well below the mileage run thresholds but it was "cheap" enough that I could justify (cheaper than my check at the end of the meal all three times). That should give you an idea of how good it is.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Henry's Hi-Life, San Jose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.