Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Where Are The Best Steakhouses In The World?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Are The Best Steakhouses In The World?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:32 pm

Agree. Very nice old place and nice servers, etc----but crazy prices.

Originally Posted by rbrenton88
I've been to Luger's in Brooklyn a few times to meet friends who live around there. I just don't get it. The steaks are good, but not 3x the price good.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I forgot to post about this place after visiting last year. A friend from Zurich told me about it

It is Cafe de Paris in Geneva. They have a few others locations, Zurich and Paris I think.

http://geneve.chezboubier.com/en/

It is a real steak place. They have one entree on the menu, steak with salad and fries. Plus of course cheese and desserts. As I recall, after being seated they ask about wine/beverages, salad dressing and how you like your steak done. The steak was outstanding and comes with their flavored butter, which is wonderfully good, and nice, crisp fries. Throughout the dinner they come around with a platter of hot fries and top your plate up if you wish. Really outstanding place, went with a few people and we all loved it. Also, the price of the steak dinner is under 50 Euros. Wine and deserts of course add to that. But on the same trip I paid 96 Euro for my damn Sunday brunch at my hotel so that is a VERY good price for central Geneva.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
It is Cafe de Paris in Geneva.
Dammit, where were you 2 weeks ago when I was in Geneva lol. Ended up eating a meal next door, at 'Pasta Prima' which was pretty crappy in comparison.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Hertz PC , Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I was just at Bern's again last night. It reaffirmed itself as my #1.

If you like food and you're in Tampa - you have to go to Bern's.

They also have the largest collection of wine in the United States. Heck the place has THREE Sommeliers!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:54 pm

LOVE Bern's

side not so much
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Certainly not one of the words best, but Grey Stone is absolutely San Diego's best.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:12 am
Suspended

Boisdale of Belgravia in London.
They're rather finicky about their steaks.
www.boisdale.co.uk/belgravia/steaks
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
SW LAS
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by tampatravel
I was just at Bern's again last night. It reaffirmed itself as my #1.

If you like food and you're in Tampa - you have to go to Bern's.

They also have the largest collection of wine in the United States. Heck the place has THREE Sommeliers!
I agree. Bern's is amazing and so is the Harry Waugh Dessert Room. I love being able to pick your own music. Last time I was there I got a tour of the wine cellar, and I have to say that it was amazing.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP (15yrs) 3+MM , exDLPlt, exCOPlt, Cruiseaholic (250+)
I keep looking at this thread and have two conclusions.

One, the best steakhouse today may not be the best tomorrow - I have watched the "top" steak restaurant in Chicago change many times over the years.

Two, any of the chain restaurants depend largely on the chef and the food purveyor. III Forks in Dallas was good, but the Hallandale, FL site is horrible.
Ditto Morton's, Capital Grille, Smith & Wollensky - some are good, some not so much.

Personally, the nearest steak house I like is Bern's. As far as Shula's Miami Lakes location, it used to be very good - I held all my employee recognition events there for years. However, it has gone downhill in the last five years or so.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by MiamiFlyer
I keep looking at this thread and have two conclusions.

One, the best steakhouse today may not be the best tomorrow - I have watched the "top" steak restaurant in Chicago change many times over the years.

Two, any of the chain restaurants depend largely on the chef and the food purveyor. III Forks in Dallas was good, but the Hallandale, FL site is horrible.
Ditto Morton's, Capital Grille, Smith & Wollensky - some are good, some not so much.

Personally, the nearest steak house I like is Bern's. As far as Shula's Miami Lakes location, it used to be very good - I held all my employee recognition events there for years. However, it has gone downhill in the last five years or so.
There is a Palm in Miami if you ever get the chance to try it out. The Palm is the best, most consistent steakhouse chain.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:11 am

If in Miami go to Prime 112 - it's not a chain and does a much better job than the Palm.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:16 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by anjeo
If in Miami go to Prime 112 - it's not a chain and does a much better job than the Palm.
I'd agree. That's a good choice. I went to Morton's last night since I had a gift card, and even as a VIP, I had pretty bad service. Unfortunately, I have to go back in a little over a week for a dinner.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:17 pm

Ribhouse in SF
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:45 pm

Anyone been to Bern's recently? Going to be in Tampa but recent reviews of Bern's are a little inconsistent. Been on my bucket list for awhile

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.