Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Ate at Blue Hill at Stone Barns this weekend. I was surprised, because the Blue Hill in NYC has been excellent each time I have gone, and our wedding (which was also at Blue Hill @ Stone Barns) also had absolutely mind-blowingly good food. I felt that the main dining room was really more of a place for Dan Barber to experiment with different types of vegetables but not necessarily to make the absolutely best food possible. The most apt comparison to me would be Alinea, in a sense - Alinea was way too complex for the sake of it, while Blue Hill was often far too simple. At $238/person, that's an expensive experiment.

The cocktails are money, though...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:33 pm

Has anyone ever been to Ristorante Quattro Passi in Positano and can report?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:27 pm

Went to Grace in Chicago (3 stars) last weekend. Overpriced, small portions, and too many flavors in dishes, overall creating a dining experience that was just okay at best. Very sleek, modern decor that I appreciated, and attentive service, but when your main course is Wagyu beef - and then you get 2 incredibly tiny slices of beef on the entire plate - something ain't right. Disappointed because some dishes (like the black truffle gnocchi) were absolutely delicious...I feel like the restaurant could use more of a laser focus on its dishes instead of trying to cram a whole bunch of ingredients into each one.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:12 pm

Just got a reservation for Eleven Madison Park for mid November. Anything I should look for? Tips?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Just got a reservation for Eleven Madison Park for mid November. Anything I should look for? Tips?
Don't forget your wallet.

I haven't been to EMP since they re-did the experience a few years ago, but it was a great dinner/tribute to NYC.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:04 pm

The kitchen tour. You can / should ask for it now.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA
The kitchen tour. You can / should ask for it now.
Great, thanks!

I reserved dinner at 8:45, so we'll be done close to midnight. Hopefully they'll still let us tour the kitchen at that time.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I had lunch at Sushi Iwa in Tokyo two weeks ago. Superb as always.

Lunch at Iwa has become something of a personal tradition when I find myself in Tokyo.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Me too! Day #1 of my Honeymoon is dinner at EMP, then 10 days later we have dinner at Osteria Francescana -- it's a World's 50 Best culinary adventure to kick off the marriage
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by TravelManKen
Me too! Day #1 of my Honeymoon is dinner at EMP, then 10 days later we have dinner at Osteria Francescana -- it's a World's 50 Best culinary adventure to kick off the marriage
Congrats on the Osteria Francescana reservation. I would consider that one of the best meals I've ever had.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by TravelManKen
Congrats. I am starting Day 1 of my honeymoon tomorrow with some michelin star adventures.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
The Michelin Guide 2017 Great Britain and Ireland - The Full List -

see:

http://travel.michelin.co.uk/ekmps/s...wards-list.pdf

Cheers & Safe Travels.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by uggboy
The Michelin Guide 2017 Great Britain and Ireland - The Full List -

see:

http://travel.michelin.co.uk/ekmps/s...wards-list.pdf

Cheers & Safe Travels.
Didnīt mention Fat Duck lost itīs 3 star rating during the last years. Otherwise on the top level more or less everything stayed as it was.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Didnīt mention Fat Duck lost itīs 3 star rating during the last years. Otherwise on the top level more or less everything stayed as it was.
That's because it had moved temporarily to Australia but is now back home.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:41 am

Good to see The Five Fields get a well-deserved star.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.