Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by onobond
Had that dish twice last week on AA. The chicken breast was OK, but the general impression was "One chicken flew over the coucous' nest"
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA
Nice summer dinner: flank steak with chimichurri sauce and corn on the cob.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by onobond
Had that dish twice last week on AA. The chicken breast was OK, but the general impression was "One chicken flew over the coucous' nest"
Ha! Well played

I went out for two for one rolls at Vine Sushi and Thai tonight with a friend. Lots of ingredients, lots of fun.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cubbie
Nice summer dinner: flank steak with chimichurri sauce and corn on the cob.
Summer food is the best.
Grilled salmon, grilled fennel and grilled onions, cherry tomatoes with mozzarella, basil and balsamic.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Mrs Clint Bint made a sublime shepherd's pie tonight.
Lean minced lamb,scallions,onion,carrot,crushed garlic,petit pois and a Marmite gravy topped with cheesy,garlic mashed potato baked to a golden brown crust.

Top scoff.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by corky
Summer food is the best.
While I agree, the high temperatures dropped out of the 90's this weekend and I immediately started looking at recipes for stews, soups and chili.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I just got invited to Baci, my favorite restaurant in San Deigo, tonight! Is it dinner time yet??
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
While I agree, the high temperatures dropped out of the 90's this weekend and I immediately started looking at recipes for stews, soups and chili.
Haha. You'll be sorry! Not so fast.

Last night's dinner for labor day : grilled ribeye steaks with grilled onions, grilled corn with mayo/parmigiano/butter /herb spread, broccoli with cheese. Baby lettuce salad to start. Creme caramel frozen yogurt with dulce de Leche and Maldon salt. All yummy but way more rich food than I am used to eating. Leftovers tonight!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:31 pm
Suspended

I arrived home this evening after my traditional fast quart of ale which stretched to a half gallon in my local hostelry with hopes high of a sumptuous repast laid on by Mrs Clint Bint.
It is after all Thursday evening which in my book constitutes the early weekend and all the excesses this brings after an abstemious Mon-Wed health regime.
You can imagine how my heart sank when I espied some grilled chicken,mashed potato,carrots and broccoli on offer as part of Mrs B's attempt to administer a healthy diet to the pair of us.
Not even a smudge of fatty gravy adorned this pathetic offering.
I feigned delight and effusiveness while simultaneously distracting her attention by not eating as she announced she was off to bed for an early night to watch TV after her culinary endeavours. ( You can imagine how I smirked privately at this point. )
As soon as the coast was clear and the extractor fan on high I leaped into action.
The chicken was flung at the dog,caught in mid-air and wolfed down even before I'd got the frying pan with olive oil at the perfect temperature for some chopped onions,two sausages,the spuds,broccoli and carrots mashed into a bubble and squeak with an egg fried to perfection and laid out on two slices of toasted rye bread.
Man,that sucker was superb and registering much higher on the cholesterol level than the original intended dish.
So the way I figure it is this.
Mrs Clint Bint is happy because I'm eating healthy,I'm happy because I'm not and the dog gets an unexpected chicken bonus.
Tonight has been a win-win situation whichever way you look at it.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
I arrived home this evening after my traditional fast quart of ale which stretched to a half gallon in my local hostelry with hopes high of a sumptuous repast laid on by Mrs Clint Bint.
It is after all Thursday evening which in my book constitutes the early weekend and all the excesses this brings after an abstemious Mon-Wed health regime.
You can imagine how my heart sank when I espied some grilled chicken,mashed potato,carrots and broccoli on offer as part of Mrs B's attempt to administer a healthy diet to the pair of us.
Not even a smudge of fatty gravy adorned this pathetic offering.
I feigned delight and effusiveness while simultaneously distracting her attention by not eating as she announced she was off to bed for an early night to watch TV after her culinary endeavours. ( You can imagine how I smirked privately at this point. )
As soon as the coast was clear and the extractor fan on high I leaped into action.
The chicken was flung at the dog,caught in mid-air and wolfed down even before I'd got the frying pan with olive oil at the perfect temperature for some chopped onions,two sausages,the spuds,broccoli and carrots mashed into a bubble and squeak with an egg fried to perfection and laid out on two slices of toasted rye bread.
Man,that sucker was superb and registering much higher on the cholesterol level than the original intended dish.
So the way I figure it is this.
Mrs Clint Bint is happy because I'm eating healthy,I'm happy because I'm not and the dog gets an unexpected chicken bonus.
Tonight has been a win-win situation whichever way you look at it.
^^
Mrs. B must sleep like the dead. How does someone not wake up when the delicious smell of onions frying is wafting through the house?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by corky
^^
Mrs. B must sleep like the dead. How does someone not wake up when the delicious smell of onions frying is wafting through the house?
The master bedroom is in the west wing and the kitchen in the east,plus an extractor fan easily disperses all evidence of my late-night munchies.^
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
The master bedroom is in the west wing and the kitchen in the east,plus an extractor fan easily disperses all evidence of my late-night munchies.^
oh. My house doesn't have wings.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:51 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Leftover combo (pork, chicken, shrimp) fried rice.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 5:11 pm

Potato soup. A wonderful soup for the chillier days.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Salmon patty (or burger depending on your definition) but no bun.

1/2 twice baked potato with avocado (instead of sour cream - still have the cheese though)

3 asparagus stalks and 4 brussel spouts (broiled in olive oil and sprinkled - generoulsly - with garlic salt).

Biscuit with butter.

I really like cooking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.