Wiki Posts
Search

Seafood on planes

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 9:27 am

Seafood on planes is a great choice.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I generally go for fish. Some memorable ones have been black cod/sablefish in ANA J, Chilean sea bass on SQ J, and halibut in QF J. The only less-than-perfect one was salmon curry in FJ J: the salmon was a bit dry.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:26 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deniah
if you assume it'll all be equally mediocre there's no let down. i dont have any reservations be it shrimp salad, fish filet for main, salmon for breakfast.
agreed on both accounts. The number of wow meals on planes is few and far between. Food is never something I look forward to on a plane, if it surprises me with quality taste, then I'll take it as a win.

Back when I'd fly out of SIN frequently, I used to stop by a hawker center early (or late the prior evening) and grab something to go, it always beat by a wide margin whatever the airlines were serving, regardless of class flown.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yep agreed that seafood has been a safer bet for me. Had some really good salmon on DL F at the end of last year and the shrimp on ATL - LHR in D1 last week was the best part of the meal.

I'm almost always disappointed by the steak (except NH F and JL F which had very memorable steaks). Chicken is mostly solid as well though usually dry but on occasion I've had some really awful chicken (had a disgusting chicken on UA F RDU - DEN a month ago that was inedible).
Old May 19, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by cslewis
Seafood on planes is a great choice.
I either opt for seafood or pasta if it's available, especially when stuck in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.