Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Wendy's (burger) tweets

Wendy's (burger) tweets

Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Wendy's (burger) tweets

The person behind Wendy's wonderful tweets:

http://mashable.com/2017/01/05/sassy...k#87PMza.KsiqC
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Wendy's is certainly not my favourite place for getting Burgers, but I do prefer them over McDonalds, KFC and Subway. Strange that they haven't yet set foot in other markets outside North America.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jan 9, 2017 at 6:53 am Reason: correct spelling of Wendy's
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I must be hard to impress because I really don't see what's so funny or clever about Wendy's twitter posts. People really think it's funny?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
So one semi- (and very semi-) smart response to a wise-* twitter poster, 3 days ago, makes this person "sass master", "hero", "unexpected beacon of light", "one of the coolest damn people on the planet".

I thought I might be missing something, some long history of clever creation, but it says "The fresh tweets that started it all" - again, from 3 days ago.

No wonder the Kardashians are popular.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I must be hard to impress because I really don't see what's so funny or clever about Wendy's twitter posts. People really think it's funny?
Same. Stupid.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Wend's is certainly not my favourite place for getting Burgers, but I do prefer them over McDonalds, KFC and Subway. Strange that they haven't yet set foot in other markets outside North America.
Their operations have been in flux ever s since Dave Thomas died in 2002.

They bought Tim Horton's in '95 and tried to bring it to the US and failed. So they spun it off in 2006.

Then in 2008, Arby's (through its parent, Triarc) bought Wendy's, assumed the Wendy's name and divested from Arby's in 2011. Wendy's still has lots of debt, like $2.5B.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by WorldLux
Wend's is certainly not my favourite place for getting Burgers, but I do prefer them over McDonalds, KFC and Subway. Strange that they haven't yet set foot in other markets outside North America.
They have. I remember seeing them in Madrid in the 1980s. I guess they're no longer there, but they are in quite a few other countries.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Ronald McDonald always love Wendy's hot and juicys .....burgers..

Old Dave sure started something, but Five Guys sure has them beat..

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Jan 9, 2017 at 6:54 am Reason: correct spelling
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:28 pm

I think the appeal is the lack of buttoned-up, corporate, boilerplate bovine scat.

If you didn't think the "forgot about refrigerators for a second" tweet was a funny and clever smart@ss response, I'd say you're missing a humor gene.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I forgot that the new logo with "MoM" under the collar was part of a makeover which franchisees haven't finished. That was 2012 and store makeovers cost $500K

I've seen two McDonalds in my area be torn down and rebuilt since when Wendy's announced the update. The Wendy's franchises still look like crap and both look asvif they're not even open. Poor lighting, from the street they loook.closed
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by CalVol
I think the appeal is the lack of buttoned-up, corporate, boilerplate bovine scat.
Well there certainly are other social media teams that have a little more talent. Especially in the airline business I've seen a couple of amusing tweets.

E.G Lufthansa vs. Ryanair
Welcome to the real @Airport_FRA, dear @Ryanair. In case you get lost on such a big airport, just give us a call! #NonstopYou
and Ryanair replying
.@lufthansaNews @Airport_FRA Thanks. Looks like you need a holiday. You can fly #Ryanair for 9.99. Low fares have finally come to Frankfurt
or the Air New Zealand vs Aer Lingus tweets ahead of a rugby match between the two nations. http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...d-test-rematch
Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The Twitter feed might be funny, but the article is horrendous. Horribly written and formatted. It's the guy from Family Guy who proceeds to tell you why the joke is funny, except that the guy from Family Guy is done in 10 seconds, and this article takes 2,000 words to tell you why the Wendy's Twitter feed is funny.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anybody have the "makeover" Wendy's from 2013?

I've never seen one.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Here is a not so good tweet @Wendys
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by csufabel
Does anybody have the "makeover" Wendy's from 2013?

I've never seen one.
Been to one in Columbia, SC. They are an improvement over the drab older designs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.