DoorDash, Postmates, GrubHub, UberEats, Eat24 & Other Meal Delivery Services

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoorDash, Postmates, GrubHub, UberEats, Eat24 & Other Meal Delivery Services

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
Grubhub where I live in fantastic. Usually end up with my food about 30 minutes before the ETA.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
There is a grubhub thread currently active in DiningBuzz. We'll ship this one over so the threads can be merged and those who aren't OMNI enabled can participate. Thanks.

Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:06 am

Foodler (in Boston) works well and gives you "cash back". Not sure how that is calculated, but the app works well and food is already ready when it says it is (of course that is dependent on the restaurant.. but still)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I used Deliveroo once and it was fine. But I'd rather buy food and cook it.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used Postmates for the first time last night. My office is located in Raleigh and the restaurant options are staggering. Everything from Cook Out/Burger King/McDonalds to some more high end restaurants. As they're trying to be the Uber of food delivery, the app was set up a lot like Uber. It was nice tracking the order and when the driver got lost (my building is hard to find) I could call her and direct her.

That said, the delivery fee for Chipotle was a staggering $11. I'd never pay that unless I was splitting it with people or I had a coupon.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I used UberEats a few nights ago. Their chief problem is that the network is existing Uber drivers who aren't accustomed to dealing with my maze of an apartment complex.

(UberX in a Colorado college town is bad enough, since half their drivers have never dealt with snow before)

I'm also not a fan of not being able to tip. When it comes to Uber itself, I love that there's no tipping, but when I'm expecting someone to wait around at a restaurant, search for my apartment in the dark (probably in the cold), I'd like to be able to give them a tip without needing cash around.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:52 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Used UberEats for the first time about a week ago, and the experience was flawless. Happens that in my area, Uber is waiving delivery fees until year-end.

Placed an order at a Greek take-out that is about 4 miles from my house at 7:04pm, and the driver arrived at 7:26pm (20 minutes ahead of the app's estimate). That's faster than I could have made the run.

The driver clearly did not expect a tip, as he handed me the package and turned to his car in about 5 seconds flat. I had to call him back to give him a few bucks (on a $24 order). His response was a heartfelt thank-you. Certainly got the impression any tip at all is a bit of a surprise to him (pretty much the same response I get with a small tip on a regular UberX trip here in Los Angeles).
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:34 pm

Are these companies available for delivery to hotels in Ireland, Scotland or London? If so, which? Thanks!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Used UberEats for the first time about a week ago, and the experience was flawless. Happens that in my area, Uber is waiving delivery fees until year-end.

Placed an order at a Greek take-out that is about 4 miles from my house at 7:04pm, and the driver arrived at 7:26pm (20 minutes ahead of the app's estimate). That's faster than I could have made the run.

The driver clearly did not expect a tip, as he handed me the package and turned to his car in about 5 seconds flat. I had to call him back to give him a few bucks (on a $24 order). His response was a heartfelt thank-you. Certainly got the impression any tip at all is a bit of a surprise to him (pretty much the same response I get with a small tip on a regular UberX trip here in Los Angeles).
Tip is not expected with UberEats, that's why.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I used Amazon Prime Restaurants last weekend. Experience was good, but food was horrible. I'm usually one to just go to a restaurant rather than have it delivered, but I had $20 off, so couldn't let that go.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by flwrlover1
Are these companies available for delivery to hotels in Ireland, Scotland or London? If so, which? Thanks!
London has Deliveroo, Uber Eats, Just Eat, and Hungry House (there may be more, these are the big ones though Uber Eat is quite new). The latter two largely deliver from takeaways (so generally pizza, Indian and Chinese, some Turkish - coverage of other types of food can be quite limited). Deliveroo and Uber Eats tend to pair with proper restaurants, so are a bit more expensive and don't have quite so much choice (though this depends where you are - in my part of SE London Deliveroo has about 10 choices, Just Eat has 50+).
Old Dec 20, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
There's an Amex Offer for $10 off a $30 Postmates order.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
If you're watching the wallet, GrubHub tends to shower its users with coupon codes. For most of our orders in the last couple of years we've availed ourselves of 10% off, 15% off, or sometimes % off certain items, which puts their price point below the other services. PostMates in particular is too $$ (unless they too have coupons I don't know about).
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Any of these services eliminate the tipping issue?

Are any of these delivery services offered WITHOUT the expectation a tip? (I'm fine with delivery fees).

Example: Zume Pizza makes it clear that they pay good wages to their delivery folks and they explicitly forbid / actively refuse tips. Essentially "service included."
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
Are any of these delivery services offered WITHOUT the expectation a tip? (I'm fine with delivery fees).

Example: Zume Pizza makes it clear that they pay good wages to their delivery folks and they explicitly forbid / actively refuse tips. Essentially "service included."
I think Uber Eats is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.