McDonald's is building an epic restaurant with all-you-can-eat fries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

McDonald's is building an epic restaurant with all-you-can-eat fries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
They tried the restaurant style McDonalds here (NE) and they failed miserably. Weird menu, REALLLLY slow service and just not a good product. The good news was they constantly had coupons for free food (ie $5 off $5) so you could go in and get a salad or even regular McD food. We used to go and order pancakes for the family ($1.49 for 3 w/o sausage) With coffee for the adults and milk for the kids we had quite a few free meals over the trials.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
McD's Expanding Gilroy Fries !!!

The Golden Arches, which amped up its french fries in four locations in San Francisco in late April, will now offer "Gilroy Garlic Fries" at 240 McDonald's restaurants in California.

The made-to-order fries are tossed with a puree mix of garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. The new offering sold out within the first two weeks of its initial promotion in San Francisco, causing a shortage in early May.

"McDonald's has a long standing history of creativity and innovation. McDonald's Gilroy Garlic Fries is a unique, regional offering that is tailored to Bay Area tastes," Nick Vergis, president of the local franchisee division, said in a statement. "The innovation of this new menu item is due in large part to our local franchisees and their commitment to providing food our customers want."
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/21/mcdon...alifornia.html
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by fwoomp
Actually, I read several years ago that China is now the garlic capital of the world, and even most of the garlic sold in the U.S. comes from there. I can't imagine that McDonald's wouldn't go with the low bidder.
China is the largest overall producer. The US is 9th overall, but it exports almost none, as it is sold domestically.

The Gilroy area produces most of the US's garlic, although most other states grow some.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
Places like Red Robin and Applebee's offer AYCE fries with burgers, so I'm guessing McDonald's thought they'd try it too. Unfortunately, I don't think they realized that most people going to McDonald's don't want to linger after eating their burger to eat more fries.

I think Red Robin and Applebee's offer it as a way to increase the amount of alcohol they sell, because if you run out of beer, but still have fries, you'll likely order another drink.
I guess they won't be making much money on me. The most drinks I've ever had in one sitting was about 3, and only because it was free when I pay, I've never ordered more than one drink...I guess I really am cheap! :P
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
I guess they won't be making much money on me. The most drinks I've ever had in one sitting was about 3, and only because it was free when I pay, I've never ordered more than one drink...I guess I really am cheap! :P
I usually just ask for water after the first or second drink.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:05 pm

This is great news. And I hate people who hate the concept of junk food - in the end, that's the only feasible thing in today's world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.