Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

McDonald's is building an epic restaurant with all-you-can-eat fries

McDonald's is building an epic restaurant with all-you-can-eat fries

Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
When I worked there, a cook dropped a bun on the floor and instead of throwing it away like a normal human being, he just picked it up and carried on. This kind of disgusting behavior is completely unacceptable.
These stories are just silly (or at least silly if you don't think they happen other places).

I worked food service in HS and college (sit down places) and if you're only getting a bun that's been on the floor you should consider yourself lucky.

I've seen MUCH MUCH worse....like someone peeing in the food prep sink because the bathroom was busy (and I've seen worse than that but I'll leave it to your imagination)
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:07 am
Suspended

I like McD fries and Filet o Fish. I buy the filet o fish everytime they have the special bogo or $2 filet o fish.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I always fry my fries twice. First fry @ 325 until they're limp and just starting to color. 2nd fry at 375 until they brown, doesn't take long.

Cooked through, not mealy and super crisp.

I've also been known to buy the bags of cut fries. Those I thaw and then do the 375 fry. They turn out acceptably. Not quite the same as scratch, but they'll do if I'm in a hurry.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by milepig
I always fry my fries twice. First fry @ 325 until they're limp and just starting to color. 2nd fry at 375 until they brown, doesn't take long.

I've also been known to buy the bags of cut fries. Those I thaw and then do the 375 fry. They turn out acceptably. Not quite the same as scratch, but they'll do if I'm in a hurry.
You mean like a deep fryer as in a daddy presto whatever they were called from my childhood?

I don't have a fryer. I buy a bag of ore-ida's and bake them (fries or taters) until crispy.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:54 am

A lot of North Americans have the mentality of "it's free so I should eat it" Whether or not they should is another issue.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig

This exactly.
That's why Mc D fries are good. Potatoes are usually blanched before freezing so they get that first cooking. Then get golden and crispy in the fryer. And salted as soon as they come out.
Heinz ketchup only.
Non Mc D thick fries can get ranch dressing too.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by enviroian
You mean like a deep fryer as in a daddy presto whatever they were called from my childhood?

I don't have a fryer. I buy a bag of ore-ida's and bake them (fries or taters) until crispy.
Sorry, but baked is baked. We're talking about fried. Different food group.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian

I've got one of those air cookers that only require a tiny bit of oil (I use 1 tsp) for fries and takes the Ore-Idas from frozen to ready in 4 minutes.

I actually prefer the tater tots but the air cooker mangles them.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by corky
Heinz ketchup only.
No, no, no, no.

Ab's Diner in West Valley City, Utah sells a fry sauce and Arctic Circle copied it. Make it at home. 2 parts mayo, 1 part ketchup. Should end up the color of shrimp sauce. 10 X better than ketchup along.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tchiowa
No, no, no, no.

Ab's Diner in West Valley City, Utah sells a fry sauce and Arctic Circle copied it. Make it at home. 2 parts mayo, 1 part ketchup. Should end up the color of shrimp sauce. 10 X better than ketchup along.
Sorry but you seem to have your sauces mixed up. What you described goes on the burger. While it is acceptable to dip a fry or two in the spillover from the burger, heinz ketchup is still what goes on fries. It's ok...we all make mistakes.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
No, no, no, no.

I only use French's ketchup and Heinz mustard.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
Every time I get to California I make a pilgrimage to In and Out Burger!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
No, no, no, no.

That's wrong. I'll use either ketchup or mayo on fries, but not both at the same time.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot
Every time I get to California I make a pilgrimage to In and Out Burger!
Yeah, I get that old In-N-Out urge pretty often, too.

Try "The Habit Burger Grill," too. Pretty tasty. Think I'll go there tonight in SLO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.