Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Starbucks - games, promotions, devaluations, et al" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kipper
Mine sends a notification telling me that I can tip and giving me 15-30 minutes to do so, IIRC.
I also still get the tip message when paying with the app.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
In version 3.x of the iOS app, I was able to view the earned rewards and their respective expiration dates. Does version 4.x have this option? When I click on Rewards, it asks me if I am making a purchase online or instore and I don't proceed.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:35 am

I've noticed that I'm not able to order clover brewed drinks in the app, which is obviously disappointing as I rarely have enough time while heading to work to wait for one.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by Sant
In version 3.x of the iOS app, I was able to view the earned rewards and their respective expiration dates. Does version 4.x have this option? When I click on Rewards, it asks me if I am making a purchase online or instore and I don't proceed.
You can redeem awards for every 125 stars you earn. Click your total earned stars and it takes you to the cup filled with stars and detail on how many more stars are needed to your next award.

Stars are valid for 6 months, under history it will show at what point in the future your stars expire by month.

Right now I have 235 stars. Clicking to the cup gives me a message that I am 15 stars away from my next reward. The expiration page shows when my stars begin expire (or I say should - used to show out 6 months, update this week now only shows next 4 months.)

After my next purchase I'll update if my gold banner changes the message from "you have a star reward" to something that indicates I should have two rewards.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have never seen a tipping option in the Starbucks app. Had no idea it was in there.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Segments
You can redeem awards for every 125 stars you earn. Click your total earned stars and it takes you to the cup filled with stars and detail on how many more stars are needed to your next award.

Stars are valid for 6 months, under history it will show at what point in the future your stars expire by month.

Right now I have 235 stars. Clicking to the cup gives me a message that I am 15 stars away from my next reward. The expiration page shows when my stars begin expire (or I say should - used to show out 6 months, update this week now only shows next 4 months.)

After my next purchase I'll update if my gold banner changes the message from "you have a star reward" to something that indicates I should have two rewards.
Weirdly if I tap Pay in the app it still shows that I have a reward available despite using 125 stars for one yesterday. Is that a bug or do I actually still have one more available?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
That worked. I was just scrolling the headlines page (or whatever they are calling the front page) with no resolution. Looked again and noticed last notice item ("pick of the week") has a small message box icon next to the details box icon. Clicking the message box gets you to the old style message list. Cleared my three items and the red 3 on the Starbucks app finally cleared. Talk about buried.
No kidding. My app will still have that red notification badge if I hadn't read this. Noticed that the pick of the week message is a link to a Spotify playlist rather than a redeemable song or (increasingly) an app.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by tmiw
Weirdly if I tap Pay in the app it still shows that I have a reward available despite using 125 stars for one yesterday. Is that a bug or do I actually still have one more available?
May be one left over from the old system still available to be consumed? Think you must tell cashier that it is an old system reward for them to properly deduct.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Very basic simple question here:

The only thing I really care about from the Starbucks program is the free refills. How is that affected, do you have to get the "gold" level, whatever that is, to retain this benefit?

Sorry, trying to read all the extraneous stuff is making my head hurt.

Thanks guys,

Doc
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:16 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Doc Savage

The only thing I really care about from the Starbucks program is the free refills. How is that affected, do you have to get the "gold" level, whatever that is, to retain this benefit?

Thanks guys,

Doc
Green gets it too
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club

Thanks guys,

Doc
Doc,

Golds get free refills.

Gold is easy to achieve at present. Make a purchase (with your registered card) by May 2 and you'll be gold for the next year.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by United747
Green gets it too
Yup. One positive change is that Green gets free refills and that just means being a program member.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by United747
Green gets it too
Yup. One positive change is that Green gets free refills and that just means being a program member.
And here I thought he was talking about cold green cash...
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:06 pm

And here I thought he was talking about cold green cash...
LOL. But take advantage of the current one purchase by May 2nd to get Gold status anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.