Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

When you earn a Starbucks free drink ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

... do you end up ordering a FaTassACheeno with extra espresso shots or something else that you normally wouldn't order, or do you just get your regular thing?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:42 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

Reserve coffee
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

Food. Salads are a good redemption value as is justifying the $6 candy bars splurge.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Grande nonfat latte
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by Segments
Food. Salads are a good redemption value as is justifying the $6 candy bars splurge.
+1
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:02 pm

I wouldn't go all out and get the triple shot pumpkin mocha latte-chino with extra whip because, well, I don't order stuff like that because I don't want it, not because of the expense.

I would save it for one of those times I wanted a large instead of a small. (Sorry, I don't speak fauxtalian.)

Originally Posted by Segments
That's a really good suggestion! I would also go for that.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
1oz of Monkey Picked Oolong from Teavana. Retail ~$12.

Though I may try one of those new cold-drip iced coffees. Trente of course. With 10 extra shots.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife was surprised to learn that her US-package "free cup" was honored in Paris. The young barista there offered her a triple espresso (basically espresso filling up the cafe longue cup), which she gladly accepted. Would have cost her about 11 euros at retail price.

Boy, was she wired for a couple of hours.
Ismilee likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:15 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Well, am not a fan of anything sweet in my coffee, or anything larger than a tall, so I probably cost them very little! One of the cold drinks on a rare hot day goes down a treat, too. Don't think you can get food on the UK scheme (although they've absolutely ruined the selection recently).
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Venti Iced Coffee with soy milk and 3 splendas - sames as the 12 before it that got me the free one.

On one occasion, the barrista offered to drop a shot or two of espresso in it but I declined. I get exactly what I want there regardless of who's paying.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

ICYMI - Pro tip: If buying multiple items, pay for each item as a separate transaction*, since 1 transaction = 1 star, regardless of # of items.

*Factor in your free time, # of people behind you, how busy the store is, etc., to decide if is for you.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I always order drip coffee there, usually grande pikes. I typically redeem for a grande cappuccino, but on occasion for a pike.

For a forum that is generally as concerned with maximizing value for points, no one here seems particularly concerned with maximizing value for Starbucks stars
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Viente Mocha Frap with all the extras.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by heraclitus
I always order drip coffee there, usually grande pikes. I typically redeem for a grande cappuccino, but on occasion for a pike.

For a forum that is generally as concerned with maximizing value for points, no one here seems particularly concerned with maximizing value for Starbucks stars
Speak for yourself... there's a way to MS for stars (& miles/points), and it's pretty obvious

And I've always wondered if that traveler coffee container is considered 1 drink...
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I usually redeem it for food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.