Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Do you think it is socially acceptable to ask strangers what they are eating?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you think it is socially acceptable to ask strangers what they are eating?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:54 am

If I were you, I would ask the waiter because Because I'm sure that they willing to help you immediately.
However, you can do as Airsupply said, this is a lovely wa.Perhap you can make some new friend by this way.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I'm for the ask a waiter. I don't like being approached by strangers.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I usually ask the waiter, sometimes ask the diner if I sense that they are open. When I hear someone ask the waiter what I'm eating, I usually respond to them directly with enthusiasm if I'm enjoying it (and don't say anything if I'm not).
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Nice to see some real civility in the thread. Thanks vhrum.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ou81two
There's no entitlement. It's just that nothing that any of us really does matters in any way. Life is short. Far too short to bother worrying about some stranger getting butt hurt because you asked them a simple question.
Yeah, in general people take themselves far too seriously. Can't imagine I would ever get so butthurt from someone asking me what I was eating. Oh the horror. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.