Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA
in a week:

1/7 breakfasts
6/7 lunches
4-5/7 dinners
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I typically fetch two take out meals a week (Sat & Sun): US$45 for 2 multi-course meals w/ leftovers for 1 additional lunch. It's a relief from the tedium of shop-prep-cook-clean for one person during the week.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Way too much.

Wish we can eat at home more often but schedules don't allow it.

Breakfast is always at home.

4-5 times for lunch in an average week.

2-3 times for dinner in an average week.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
When I'm not traveling, once or twice a week. I enjoy cooking. Home made food is also healthier and cheaper. I also don't live in a big city so eating out involves driving 20 mins out of my way and probably going to a restaurant I have been to because there are only so many restaurants around me.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Aug 2, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:15 pm

Regular week:
5-6/7 breakfast at home
7/7 lunches out (this includes going to the cafeteria at work v. bringing lunch in)
4/7 dinners at home (this one varies the most in either direction)
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I eat out most of the time. 6x per week for lunch, 4x per week for dinner. Primary drivers are time/effort and cost. My partner and I both work full time, and we don't always have the time or energy to prepare a tasty meal at home. Eating out at modestly priced restaurants puts little stress on our budget while relieving us of stresses of shopping, cooking, and cleaning. It helps that we live in an area with a plethora of tasty, locally operated restaurants serving cuisines from around the world.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Breakfast - 0-1 time a week I eat out, and this will only be brunch on a weekend. Always eat breakfast at home during the workweek unless I undershopped for groceries on the weekend.

Lunch - 6-7 times out of the week I eat out. Never bring lunch in, and lunch is just an odd meal to eat at home over the weekend.

Dinner - 2-4 times a week I eat out. I try my best to limit eating out during the week unless I am meeting people or have a work event. Most Fridays and Saturdays will be eating out, with Sundays a mix (we like to do a group weekly dinner on Sunday night to enjoy what's left of the weekend).

Living in NYC, I would eat out all the time if food wasn't so expensive!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:27 am
Sup

I eat twice a week on the weekends. I should stock up more on groceries instead. But I've been craving for Korean BBQ lately
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:06 pm

Very surprised that people appear to eat out as much as they do, but I suspect that most of the posters are in the U.S, where there tends to be plenty of options within a relatively short distance.

Generally, we eat out every couple of weeks, with the odd takeaway (1-2 per week). Having said that, when I'm in university I tend to get lunch out pretty much all the time; most of the time I can't be bothered going to the hassle of preparing something decent the night before.

Admittedly, we would eat out more if there was more options available. Where I live, though, in the UK, there's only really chains and pubs within a reasonable distance. There's no point eating out when I can prepare something much better and cheaper at home. When in the U.S., however, we eat out at least once per day, there's just so many options!

Last edited by Y29M; Aug 10, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
7 nights a week.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: United Gold *G, Nexus/GE, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Breakfast I rarely eat out, lunch most of the time during the work week and dinner maybe 3x-4x a week. I live in San Francisco and it's not hard to find relatively cheap, mostly ethnic restaurants in my neighborhood. Also, I don't always find time to make dinner during the week when I get back home from the gym and doing errands.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Ever lunch during the work week, and one dinner every other week at the most. I like to cook but hate re-heating on the office.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Almost everyday 3-4 times. Ah the life of a consultant when you have $75 to burn.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:42 am

I eat out all the time - I'm addicted to the experience. Seems like I spend half my time traipsing all over London trying out restaurants, primarily of two kinds - high end fine dining, and low end Mexican food. Weird, I know. A typical week like last week might be The Ledbury one day, and Crazy Homies Mexican food a few days later.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:57 am

With two boys, aged 5&7 I simply donīt have the time to go out. Itīs so much easier, faster, relaxing, healthier, cheaper and not least importantly less embarrassing eating at home.

Iīm so used to cooking that by the time I have my family in a car and at a restaurant table Iīd be ready to serve them exactly what we like. Shopping for groceries I need to do every 2-3 days. Eating out wouldnīt solve that, as growing kids need plenty of veggies, fruit, milk etc no matter what.

When at work my wife and I both go to luch with colleagues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.