How often do you eat out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you eat out?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Lunch and dinner, everyday. I live in east Asia where there are plenty of healthy restaurants at all price points.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, Hilton diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I used to eat out 3-4 times a week for dinner.

We use blueapron or plated now (meal delivery services). Cuts down on dining out costs. Allows us to skip the grocer and head home. We go to trader joes every other week for lunch and breakfast items.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:47 am

2-3 times per week, we hate cooking
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
At least once during the regular week if grabbing a burger at the golf course before heading out on the course counts. No sitting down though...bite, hit, walk...repeat.

Weekends at least once, even if it's drinks and appies with friends.

On vacation...always everyday. Although I'm starting to see the appeal of condos with kitchens if I'm not on a tour.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
When I'm home, I don't eat out that often.

Breakfast: average once a week. Usually eat yogurt and granola at my desk.
Lunch: once, maybe twice a week
Dinner: once or twice a week is probably right (and that includes pick up)
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:13 pm
Original Member

Breakfast -- virtually never, unless an early morning meeting with a client or unless on the road.

Lunch - I eat out every day, Monday through Friday. Have not brought a lunch to work in 20 years probably. Occasionally have to skip lunch, but almost always eat out for lunch. Lunch at home on weekends.

Dinner -- We eat out 3 to 4 times a week. Wife works 2 full days and 1 half day each week. We eat out the two days she works a full day (I'm also working those days), although usually just a local casual place. Then, we probably go out once or sometimes twice on the weekend (Friday, Sat., Sunday). One of those is usually a dinner with some friends or relatives, and the other may just be us (or perhaps with our kids if one of them is around). If one of our kids (both in their 20's) is around, I like to take them out to dinner, since they don't have as much disposable income as we do.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:21 pm

Breakfast- It used to be my "Friday treat" to get a breakfast sandwich from the snack bar at work. Sadly they stopped serving breakfast after a recent remodel. Now I just stick to eating my cereal during morning break like the other days.

Lunch- Rarely anymore. I don't mind sandwiches for lunch and when it costs less than $10 to have stuff for a week it's a no brainer for me. Sometimes I'll take leftovers if I'm sick of sandwiches or grab something from the snack bar if I'm really hungry.

Dinner- Once or twice on average. Sometimes it's just easier to go through a drive-thru, order takeout or order something for delivery after a long stressful day at work. Usually once a week (or at least every other week) my mom, brother and I will go somewhere for dinner to have some family time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.