Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Duck Dynasty™ Brand Wines. Mmmm Mmmm good, y'all!

Duck Dynasty™ Brand Wines. Mmmm Mmmm good, y'all!

Old May 17, 2015, 8:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Duck Dynasty™ Brand Wines. Mmmm Mmmm good, y'all!

Looking for that perfect accompaniment to mudbugs an' gator tail jambalaya? How could you go wrong with Duck Commander wine, brought to you by the famous Robertson clan of Duck Dynasty?

Sure to be making an appearance at the French Laundry soon.

Saw this stuff on the shelf at a Walmart last night, and couldn't keep myself from laughing.

http://www.reversewinesnob.com/2013/...e-reviews.html

http://duckcommanderwines.com/
Old May 17, 2015, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the issue here is a wine company approached them for the license/franchise/etc...
Old May 17, 2015, 8:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Cool

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
the issue here is a wine company approached them for the license/franchise/etc...
Not true. Didn't you see the episode of Duck Dynasty where Uncle Sy was stomping the grapes with his bare feet a lŕ "I Love Lucy?"

Old May 17, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is it wine they produced?
Old May 17, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
When will they issue their versions of Cold Duck, Baby Duck, etc.?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Duck
Old May 17, 2015, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
is it wine they produced?
The label states "California" and the Duck Commander Wines website says: "The Robertson Family is proud to collaborate with the Trinchero Family of the Napa Valley in producing quality wines for all to enjoy."

I doubt that "collaboration" means that the Robertsons themselves produced it. The Trinchero Family Estates is a very large family-owned company based in the Napa Valley; it makes & sells wines under 20+ different labels.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Isn't there 15 minutes up?
Old May 18, 2015, 12:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Cool

Originally Posted by tcook052
I dunno...

I still see them on TV when I'm flicking through the channels.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
"There" 15 minutes?

Where?
Old May 18, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I checked www.cellartracker.com

Not much info is posted. Whew!

I'd imagine this wine is like Cupcake, or other mass appeal wines; that target a certain wine drinking crowd.

FYI, 24 Flyertalkers will be drinking real wine here >>> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...-2015-nyc.html

If you click on the link at the very top of the post, it will take you to the 2014 wine dinner, which shows you how well Flyertalkers drink.
Old May 18, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Trinchero Family Estates is a very large family-owned company based in the Napa Valley; it makes & sells wines under 20+ different labels.
trying out a new label
Old May 18, 2015, 11:49 am

Finally, a wine that I can bring in the blind and not worry about the ducks and geese seeing the bottle!
Old May 18, 2015, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
The label states "California" and the Duck Commander Wines website says: "The Robertson Family is proud to collaborate with the Trinchero Family of the Napa Valley in producing quality wines for all to enjoy."

I doubt that "collaboration" means that the Robertsons themselves produced it. The Trinchero Family Estates is a very large family-owned company based in the Napa Valley; it makes & sells wines under 20+ different labels.
The phrase "quality wines for all to enjoy" seems like an oxymoron to me.
Old May 18, 2015, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Sooner or later, this "fine wine" is going to win some sort of blind tasting competition. You just never know what is going to end up in a bottle of "California" wine, and sometimes it is quality bulk juice. Even Two Buck Chuck can provide you with a $20 value wine experience on rare occasion, but you may spend $10K to get the great case, and suffer a rotten gut trying.

Nevertheless, I would not be surprised if the thing most Dynastic about this wine is the number of undisclosed permitted additives from this list.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-201...-sec24-246.xml
Old May 18, 2015, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
trying out a new label
I assume this is the same plonk in all their other branded labels? Sssh, we'll give UA ideas! What would they brand it? I vote for "friendly skies".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.