Worst Drink You've Ever Had

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:19 pm

Four Loco

Four Loco Watermelon.

Words fail me.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CUTiger78
Four Loco Watermelon.

Words fail me.
SVU has a knockoff product they mention in a few episodes called "Five Crazy"
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by barte
Probably Heineken, worst beer in the world.
Hard for me to argue with that! There are a number of frat house beers I'd rather drink than Heineken... Why many airlines default to serving it I'll never understand.

Four Loco Watermelon.

Words fail me.
I only drank 4 Loco once. I was on spring break and it was like 3-4 am. I woke up an hour or two later with my heart racing far faster than it should have been and couldn't go back to sleep.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Hard for me to argue with that! There are a number of frat house beers I'd rather drink than Heineken... Why many airlines default to serving it I'll never understand.
I like Heineken a lot. Nice light crisp refreshing easy drinking. Then again, my regular beer of choice is Budweiser. I consider myself lucky that my favorites are inexpensive, considering the quantity I consume.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by braslvr
I like Heineken a lot. Nice light crisp refreshing easy drinking. Then again, my regular beer of choice is Budweiser. I consider myself lucky that my favorites are inexpensive, considering the quantity I consume.
How can anybody call Budweiser a beer ! I would prefer to drink water - its just about as potent
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Some sort of shaken mayo cocktail at the mayonnaise restaurant in Tokyo.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Depends what you mean by worst... I've liked them all. However, I did once get to drinking a little concoction called a c--- sucking cowby, consisting of Baileys layered on buterscotch shnapz, at a party. After a few, I still felt perfectly sober and chatty. Then I attempted to stand.....
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Loch Dhu.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
The worst beer I've ever tasted was from Dogfish Head, of all places. It proves even the best get it wrong sometimes.

It was called Raison D'Etre and it was made with raisins. Really. And you could taste raisin in every sip.

I'm embarrassed to admit I bought it a second time by mistake. I figured I'd try it again in case I just had a bad bottle. Nope, still gawdawful.
Actually, you did good when you bought another bottle just to prove that it is indeed an awful drink..
Old May 1, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Back in the UK in the early 90s what you could drink in a brewery owned pub was much more restricted than it is now. This was especially noticeable with wine. Whereas one may go into a typical pub and find maybe 20 or 30 wines available with maybe half a dozen of them by the glass, back then it was not the case. You might get 3 - sweet white, dry white, red. Our local brewery was the worst offender. We would often take part in the pub quiz and the prize was 6 bottles of wine. The White was called "chandoray" and the red I can't remember, but again it was a misleading name to disguise the fact what the wine actually was. No two bottles would ever taste the same it was obvious that the brewery was just buying any old cheap crap they could get their hands on and rebottling it. We are not wine snobs but these wines were truly disgusting no matter what you mixed them with to hide the horrible taste . We were quite successful at the pub quiz and we're winning quite a bit of this dreadful stuff, most of which ended up being poured away.

Other memorable bad drinks....Fernet Branca, neat Campari and a Sorghum Wine a friend brought back from China.
Old May 2, 2015, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
Other memorable bad drinks....Fernet Branca, neat Campari and a Sorghum Wine a friend brought back from China.
That sorghum wine is very much an acquired taste-it took me about two days of drinking it for me to start liking it, though I do a really bad job compared to my relatives who will drink me under the table...
I've heard people who try it for the first time describe the taste as a cross between alcohol and gasoline-not exactly the most ringing endorsement
Old May 2, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
The White was called "chandoray" and the red I can't remember, but again it was a misleading name to disguise the fact what the wine actually was.
Probably Melrot.
Old May 2, 2015, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gfunkdave

For awful, Laphroaig. I could make a similar drink by chugging a bottle of Liquid Smoke.
Hoots mon!! I cannae believe it...
Old May 2, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Hoots mon!! I cannae believe it...
My father, who had never drank an Islay malt in his life, once opened a brand new bottle of Laphroaig he had been gifted, took a slurp and thinking it had "gone off" , poured the whole lot down the drain!!!!
Old May 3, 2015, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Four Loco Watermelon.

Words fail me.
that's one of the better four loko flavors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.