Worst Drink You've Ever Had

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worst Drink You've Ever Had

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA
Garlic wine --- a souvenir (not mine) from the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:32 am

Last edited by brendog; Dec 6, 2015 at 2:04 pm
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:34 am

I had a friend who loved banana bread beer.

I have a friend who "loves hoppy beer...the hoppier the better" but Dank Tank by Sweetwater did him in.

Just about any wine is the worst thing I've ever had. My tastes in beer change and if I don't like something I may like it in a few years and I try to stay away from things I'm warned against.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a toss up between a prarie oyster (urrggghhh), a cement mixer (bailey's and lime juice, it curdles and solidifies on the way down (bleeeughhh) and a brain hemorrhage (same idea as the cement mixer, but it is baileys, archers and a dash of grenadine for the hemorrhage!). Managed them all (on different occasions) without throwing up, but not entirely sure how!

Nowadays, tequila, any sort, produces the same gut feeling the above did!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
On my 21st birthday I went pub crawling with some of my friends. Lots of places offered me a free drink for my birthday, though a few bartenders/waitresses seemed to revel in giving me the grossest thing possible as a freebie. I had a cement mixer and a brain hemorrhage, neither of which I liked but which weren't that bad. The standout worst mixed drink I had was a prairie fire -- cheap tequila and tabasco sauce.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
For awful, Laphroaig. I could make a similar drink by chugging a bottle of Liquid Smoke.
Originally Posted by littlesheep
Ardbeg. It was vile, like poison. I don't know if something was wrong with it or that's how it tastes. I considered reporting it to someone in case it was poisoned but wasn't sure how to, so I poured it down the drain.
You have to be kidding me! Two of my favoutire single malts!

Originally Posted by McGoogles
I actually like that beer... worst to me is Fernet Branca. It's bad straight, bad in cocktails, and worst with coke like the Argentine's prefer.
Ugh, Fernet is definitely vile, but I'm not sure it's the worst thing I've ever had. Hubba Bubba is a serious contender though.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:24 pm

A few years ago went to breakfast and we all decided to get bloody marys. We didn't realize this place only served beer and wine, so they made their bloody marys with Fat Tire instead of vodka. It was so bad, even the smell of Fat Tire disgusts me to this day, lol.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
My local brewpub made a "Hot Beer" once. I think it had jalapeńos and I also think the brewmaster did not understand powers of 10.

Supposed to be consumed with Mexican food I guess, but utterly vile.

This is pretty bad for a container. Taxidermied squirrel:

http://geekologie.com/2010/07/now-th...lds-most-e.php

Jeppson's Malört, a Chicago liqueur, is supposed to be awful, though I never tried it.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jan 21, 2015 at 2:07 pm
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingCow
You have to be kidding me! Two of my favoutire single malts!
As for the Ardbeg, there may have been something wrong with it. I don't remember the taste exactly and I couldn't identify it at the time, but let's say it was like chlorine or some other chemical taste.

I like various types of Glenlivet, Glenmorangie, Lagavulin, Caol Ila and more, so it's not like I'm averse to peaty, or non-peaty...

I really thought it had been contaminated. I don't know it there's any record of such a thing happening. I tried to google it but didn't find anything.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:34 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
They make some very nice wines here in Cyprus, but I just can't drink the zivania - it's about 45% alcohol by volume. I'm sure it will kill anything that ails you.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Worst beer: a beer advertised as a pale ale that turned out to be made with apricot. Yuck.

Worst mixed drink: a habanero-infused margarita on the rocks. I love spicy food and drink, but this was so bad it was not drinkable. Like burning sulfur with a dusting of sugar.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
A few years ago went to breakfast and we all decided to get bloody marys. We didn't realize this place only served beer and wine, so they made their bloody marys with Fat Tire instead of vodka. It was so bad, even the smell of Fat Tire disgusts me to this day, lol.
Fat Tire, in and of itself, is vile.

My worst was a vodka, soy sauce, raw quail egg, and perhaps a couple other ingredients which I can't remember at a bar called Blue Pacific in the King of Prussia mall outside Philly. After dumping it into my gullet, I couldn't swallow it and felt myself beginning to gag. I had to run around to the bartender's side of the bar and spit it out into the garbage can while my gag reflexes took over in a big way.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:56 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Our local package store brought in a watermelon beer after they heard that we liked Framboise. The watermelon thing was just simply awful, it tasted like Jolly Ranchers and the bar puke bucket were the main ingredients. Can't remember which brewery this was from but it was disgusting.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by spc354
Actually, it can and does taste nice. The classy version comes from animals who are raised high in the mountains and feed on a special type of grass.
I had a bottled version of it in China (can't remember the name sorry) and it tasted completely different more like ayran. The homemade moonshine version was just a little too rustic for mine.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Moonshine corn whisky in a special jug/flaggon - absolutely foul even when drowned with coke - foul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.