Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Red Lobster waitress: "will you eat them if they live on land and crawl in backyard?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Lobster waitress: "will you eat them if they live on land and crawl in backyard?"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by milepig
Sarcasm aside. Nothing in this world would get me in the door of any of the above. Life is too short.
That's the spirit old boy. Your Superiority Index just increased by 16%. Well done, well done indeed.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Steve McQueen confronting a lobster dinner from the western "Tom Horn:"

"I’ve never eaten a bug that big before"

Lobsters and crickets and ants and scorpions, oh my!

Jim
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Hahaha we got a random gift card to Darden restaurants for Xmas too and are trying to figure out whether Red Lobster, Olive Garden, or Longhorn is the least odious punishment.
I don't think any of them will kill you and I don't imagine you will be blown away by the experience either. Of the three, my first choice would be Longhorn.

I was at the dentist yesterday and one assistant told another that a sales rep was coming in with breakfast tomorrow. What kind of breakfast, the second assistant asked. Free, said the dentist. Enjoy your meal in that spirit.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I don't think any of them will kill you and I don't imagine you will be blown away by the experience either. Of the three, my first choice would be Longhorn.

I was at the dentist yesterday and one assistant told another that a sales rep was coming in with breakfast tomorrow. What kind of breakfast, the second assistant asked. Free, said the dentist. Enjoy your meal in that spirit.
LOL, free meals are usually a good thing.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Nothing in this world would get me in the door of any of the above. Life is too short.
Oh, for God's sake.

The best definition of a true sophisticate is one who can get comfortable, and find pleasure, in any situation. Not one who broadcasts how many people, places, and things are beneath their standards.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Sarcasm aside. Nothing in this world would get me in the door of any of the above. Life is too short.
Ah, the joys of being a vegetarian ! Priceless.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kipper
I wouldn't eat horse meat knowingly either.
You should. It's delicious.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Hahaha we got a random gift card to Darden restaurants for Xmas too and are trying to figure out whether Red Lobster, Olive Garden, or Longhorn is the least odious punishment.
Don't frequent any of these. Any lobster or cattle should deserve better.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:27 pm

I still need to be convinced. Hard to bond with a place where everything comes in boiling bags. Places like Olive Garden have an especially hard time in big cities where there's a better family run joint with real food for the same price on like every corner.
Wow, I'd love to live in a "big city" like that. In my "big city" (Washington, D.C.) the only thing we have on every corner is places from this or that restaurateur who just made a best-of-whatever list for his "concept" that you can't get out the door of for less than $100/person, still starving.

EDIT: I see you live in Chicago. Yep, now that's a real food city! I find good new places every time I'm there.

Not saying that Olive Garden is my favorite place on earth, but going to a place where you don't have to cut the pretense with a knife, and where the servers don't think they are above their job, is kind of refreshing.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Have you been to a slaughter house that processes horses?

If not you really should. It's one thing to airily suggest that someone else eat it and how "delicious" it is. It's quite another to watch one be killed before your eyes before it gets to your plate.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
No, thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Badenoch

If not you really should. It's one thing to airily suggest that someone else eat it and how "delicious" it is. It's quite another to watch one be killed before your eyes before it gets to your plate.
We've never tried horse nor have any interest in it, but if watching meat being killed/butchered really made a difference to most people, the human race would have evolved as vegetarians. Both of us spent time with rural relatives growing up, so we've had experience with both killing and preparing fish, game, poultry, etc. Mr DV is by far the more carnivorous but even he doesn't eat very much by western standards. Squeamishness has nothing to do with it though.

Last edited by dolcevita; Jan 15, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:54 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Wow, I'd love to live in a "big city" like that. In my "big city" (Washington, D.C.) the only thing we have on every corner is places from this or that restaurateur who just made a best-of-whatever list for his "concept" that you can't get out the door of for less than $100/person, still starving.
I know DC well enough to never bother going into town, save for the occasional Ethiopian craving. Back in the college days, I always escaped to the suburbs for food.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Badenoch

Doesn't that apply to all creatures you kill and eat ?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
Doesn't that apply to all creatures you kill and eat ?
Why shouldn't people see how their food makes it to their plates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.