Innocent Bystander, Yarra Valley (Aus)
Newton Johnson (SA)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA / TAM / Multiplus / Smiles / Hertz Gold
@dhammer53,

thank you for your information.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
$35 USD+ minimum, for what's probably an 8 dollar bottle of wine in the US...sigh.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:31 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
$35 USD+ minimum, for what's probably an 8 dollar bottle of wine in the US...sigh.
Yeah... I feel you pain. Had an apartment in CGK quite a few years ago and good juice was very expensive... I see Reimer and his boys continue to make good $$$$ in Jakarta....
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
For me it's about C$13 (closer to C$15 with taxes). Sometimes less, sometimes more. Rarely over C$18 (around $20 with taxes).

I don't have the most refined palate when it comes to wine... to me, it's hard to tell apart a $15 and $30 bottle. I have had some > $50 bottles and the difference is a bit clearer, but I can't afford to consume those as my go-to dinner-at-home wines!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by theshaun
What do you spend on bottle of wine for a regular night at home? Not at a restaurant, not a special occasion, just your regular night at home.

For me it's about $20

$70+ almost exclusively white Burgundy or Champagne.

I dollar cost average....3-4 nights a week I keep it to beer.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:25 am

Probably around $40 US average, I find a lot of nice bottles in the $20~$40 range.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
bumping this interesting thread....
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
For my wife the average is $10. She loves cheap pinot grigio. For me i'd say $30. I rarely buy wine but if I do it is because someone served me something good, and I wanted it again.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
$30 to $50 in this part of the world for something I would pay $20 for back in Australia - sigh. What gets me is that I can buy a case of beer here for a couple of dollars less than I pay for it in Brisbane, why can't they do the same with wine?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We're in a wine club at an excellent local wine shop: those bottles are always $30-40 each and are always quite good. We've opted all-red, although they offer whites too. If I'm drinking white, it's probably a $9 Kirkland Chard or it's 100 degrees out and I'm drinking an ice cold Reisling.

Anyway, the reds. I like to grill steak, so we usually open the $30-40 bottles for those meals. For an everyday drinker, the $12 Rodney Strong Cab gets the job done. Pretty decent wine for something that's always available at Costco. I also am perfectly willing to drink any of the other Kirkland varietals in the $8-10 range....I guess that's a "rich man's Two Buck Chuck?"
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I'm a $15 to $20 / bottle guy.

I like Rhones, Pinot Noir (especially from France and NZ) and non-oaked whites. I've found I can drink quite well at that price point.

Pretty much all of my shopping is done at a wine shop up the road from me...K&L wines: www.klwines.com They have a 'premium' wine club - 2 bottles per month at $15-$20 each, from pretty much all over, so it's a good way to try new things.

Last edited by work2fly; Mar 9, 2017 at 10:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.