Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cutting the Cheese

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Would your drivers license be rigid enough? Mine definitely has sharper edges than any credit card. The added benefit, if you get pulled over is being able to say, "I apologize, officer, for cutting the cheese."
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Would your drivers license be rigid enough? Mine definitely has sharper edges than any credit card. The added benefit, if you get pulled over is being able to say, "I apologize, officer, for cutting the cheese."
The same driver's license that the TSA person was handling earlier that day? Think I'll try the dental floss instead.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Why not just ask the FA for a knife?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cloudship
For some longer flights over meal time, I want to take a snack with me instead of relying on finding something int he terminal. AS a cheese lover, I would like to take some cheese with me. I have tried a couple of times cutting it up before hand and putting it in a bag, but by the time I got to it on the plane, it had become pretty disgusting. I am thinking that leaving it in one big piece and cutting it as I eat it would fix that issue.

One problem - the airport I am flying through now has very little in terms of concessions. I cant bring a knife with me through security, and I can't think of a way at my small airport where I can pilfer, er obtain, a plastic knife - either they only hand them out from the counter, or they are so cheap and flimsy that they cant cut through a piece of hard cheese.

So what other creative solutions are there? Any ideas?

You could always use your teeth.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:44 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have a nail clipper which has a file blade, that will cut hard cheese (swiss, cheedar i.e.), it doesn't work too well on aged cheeses which are much harder. [Walgreens has these on sale periodically at 3 for $1.00.]
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Maybe I'm too lazy but I'd use cheese sticks instead or as the other guy said. Bonbel. Convenent and less hasse really.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:30 pm

Sharpen the lower long edge of Chase CSP and you have yourself a metal box cutter like blade in your wallet.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'll stick with the CX F cheese tray (which they proudly present)

AS does have a decent cheese platter for sale in Y.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:30 am

Two words: Stainless steel credit card. Black
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I'm sure you could take a plastic knife through security with no problem. I doubt the x-ray would even see it.
Yes indeed....or individually wrap the cut up cheese in cling film and carry it in a plastic tupperware.

I have heard some people having their cheese confiscated as security scanners recognise it as plastic explosives so you might not want to carry too much of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.