The Consolidated "Taco Bell" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated "Taco Bell" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I eat at Taco Bell about once a year. Typically when I go it's because I convince myself I remember the food not being that poor. Then, once I go, I'm reminded it really is that poor.

So: Taco Bell benefits from a clientele with poor long term memory. That's probably why they market so heavily to stoners.
AStarr likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Woman hopes to marry in dress made of Taco Bell wrappers

IRVINE, Calif. (AP) — The wedding of one woman's dreams will take place in a Taco Bell while she's wearing a dress made of burrito wrappers.

The winner of Taco Bell's "Love and Tacos" contest gets an all-expense paid trip to Las Vegas to get married in a chapel at the chain's flagship restaurant.
https://apnews.com/062a9ae009e54e539e88462c247ea634
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I eat at Taco Bell about once a year. Typically when I go it's because I convince myself I remember the food not being that poor. Then, once I go, I'm reminded it really is that poor.
lol...same here and I live half a block away from one. But I enjoy trying some of their mash-ups. I thought the Doritos Loco taco was terrible, and I like Doritos. So I finally tried the naked chicken chalupa yesterday for lunch, and have to say it was pretty tasty. A little chewy, but good flavor. Millions of drunk 20-somethings are going to be sad when it's gone!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Just in time for Halloween, Taco Bell is testing a new dessert product that some might find downright scary.

The chain, part of Yum Brands, has come up with a confection called the "Kit Kat Chocoladilla" at select locations in Wisconsin, spokeswoman Emily Erskine said. It's basically melted chocolate and Kit Kat pieces folded in a flour tortilla, which is then grilled. It sells for $1.
Link: USA Today - Boo! Taco Bell's scariest product yet is the Kit Kat Chocoladilla (Published 5:52 p.m. ET Oct. 20, 2017 | Updated 7:18 p.m. ET Oct. 20, 2017)
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:32 pm

Bring back the Choco-taco!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The steal a base, steal a taco promo is back.
Old May 18, 2023, 9:29 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
From today's NumLock newsletter

Taco Bell is suing to cancel two trademarks over the phrase “Taco Tuesday,” which the restaurant argues is a common term and not identified with the brand that owns it and thus no longer a trademark. In 1982, Greg Gregory of Gregory’s Restaurant and Bar in New Jersey got a trademark for “Taco Tuesday” and then the owner of Minnesota restaurant Taco John’s got the copyright in the other 49 states in 1989. Taco John’s has been aggressive in defending their trademark, sending cease and desists around the country for restaurants that dared consecrate Tuesdays with tacos. Taco Bell, with its 15,638 eateries that sell food that occasionally resembles tacos, is hoping to free the phrase up from Taco John’s, which has around 400 locations.

Ananya Bhattacharya, Quartz
Old May 18, 2023, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
From today's NumLock newsletter

Taco Bell is suing to cancel two trademarks over the phrase “Taco Tuesday,” which the restaurant argues is a common term and not identified with the brand that owns it and thus no longer a trademark. In 1982, Greg Gregory of Gregory’s Restaurant and Bar in New Jersey got a trademark for “Taco Tuesday” and then the owner of Minnesota restaurant Taco John’s got the copyright in the other 49 states in 1989. Taco John’s has been aggressive in defending their trademark, sending cease and desists around the country for restaurants that dared consecrate Tuesdays with tacos. Taco Bell, with its 15,638 eateries that sell food that occasionally resembles tacos, is hoping to free the phrase up from Taco John’s, which has around 400 locations.

Ananya Bhattacharya, Quartz
So quite likely, they're going to out (bully) lawyer the original restaurant. Although if Taco John's has been defending their trademark, I don't see why a court should allow TB to bully the joint...

Why not just have Taco Thursdays?
Old May 20, 2023, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I tried a Taco Bell in my region (the only one, which shares the premise with a KFC) - first time at any TB for years. It's really expensive (no deals as in the U.S.) in Canada and food is pretty bad. There must be a loyal following otherwise I can't see it being popular.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 6:37 am

Programs: Advantage, BA, Hertz, Marriott
I love Taco Bell, mostly because I associate it with being in the USA.

There's a branch an hour or so from where we live in Wales and I go about once every two months for a pick-me-up when our next US trip seems far away.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post # 84)
I tried a Taco Bell in my region (the only one, which shares the premise with a KFC) - first time at any TB for years.
The Taco Bell in Chalan Kanoa (right across from Mt. Carmel Cathedral), Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (the CNMI), USA, also shares premises with KFC.

I like getting ten soft tacos, a Grande Meal. During 2021 when my Hilton AmEx was giving out $5 monthly restaurant credits, I went there a few times. 🤠 💚

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.