Wiki Posts
Search

Tea?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I either drink tisane or whatever green tea I can find. No additives. I don't drink coffee and try to avoid caffeine as much as possible, given the fact that I'm often jet lagged.

Let's all sing the tea song!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMK10
I went to a bakery in Durham the other day and they had a drink called a London Fog. It was basically a tea latte made with Earl Grey tea. Quite tasty it was.
Most coffee shops will make you a Earl Grey latte. That was my go-to drink when I worked across from a Starbucks.

Originally Posted by stimpy
I either drink tisane or whatever green tea I can find. No additives. I don't drink coffee and try to avoid caffeine as much as possible, given the fact that I'm often jet lagged.

Let's all sing the tea song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw6qxDPmOGM
I would look at Jasmine tea. It is a very floral one, but sweetened with milk it is absolutely wonderful. Caffeine free as well.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by WIRunner
I would look at Jasmine tea. It is a very floral one, but sweetened with milk it is absolutely wonderful. Caffeine free as well.
Oh yes, I drink Jasmine tea exclusively while traveling in Asia. But good Jasmine tea isn't always available in other regions. TWC is the brand I most often find in high end hotels in Asia. In Europe I mostly drink tisane which is also caffeine-free. Or if I'm jet-lagged and need a bit of caffeine, Gunpowder tea is one of the ones I like. I like Mariage Frčres while in Europe.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:40 pm

My favourite - Damman Freres Darjeeling sachets

My go-to - Yorkshire/Yorkshire Gold (depends on what's available)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Is the Jasmine tea comprised of pure Jasmine flowers or is it just tea perfumed with Jasmine flowers?

Running out of the Indian market Brooke Bond tea I've been drinking so I bought a pound of Indian market Liptons though I find the western world Liptons tea bag tea too weak and insipid. Coupon for a box of their fancy triangular bagged tea helped, though I don't think they were expecting to redeem that against loose leaf tea.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I hope you'll like it. I can honestly recommend it as the best EG out there. It's a perfect blend in my opinion.
Finally getting around to my first cup (sadly without milk, as I don't have any in the house). It's quite nice - just fragrant and floral enough of bergamot without being cloying.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Can anyone recommend me where to get a good Pu-ehr tea in US?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Finally getting around to my first cup (sadly without milk, as I don't have any in the house). It's quite nice - just fragrant and floral enough of bergamot without being cloying.
Glad you like it (much better without milk IMO)!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I am a pagan and even have Earl Grey with milk
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I rarely drink hot tea, but I consume lots of iced tea.

Coffee addict here.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:40 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I'm a bit of tea and tisane nut and almost always travel with a mini dual voltage kettle so I can start and end my day with a decent cup. The only teas and tisanes I don't like are the overly sugary and artificial blends such as the "bubblegum pineapple poodle carob marshmallow agave summer tea" from places such as Teavana or Davids tea. I am fine however with their regular teas or lightly scented teas.

Sadly one of my favourite Tea blenders, Whittards, went into administration a few years back and the new management have completely changed their historically excellent product into something highly artificial.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Supposedly the mojoe will be able to brew tea next year. It is very promising but it's only a kickstarter from 2015 Dec with the last update this September, so who knows. I didn't back it. I'd like one, badly but I have zero confidence in preordering.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:57 pm

I recently had tea in colombia made from coffee rounds. They were a few different flavors like with rose or fruits. I thought it was quite bitter. Anyone else try it? I think i prefer chinese tea like chrysanthemum.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This stuff is the bomb, if you love strong green tea.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by MaxBuck

This stuff is the bomb, if you love strong green tea.
Is that available sweetened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.