Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tea?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Captain Picard is probably the reason I first started on Earl Grey. Then, I discovered I liked it.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:43 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I have taken to having a nice cup of tea a few afternoons a week....
This post was the start of a thread in OMNI, which was moved to Dining Buzz.

I have merged it with the o.p.'s previous thread on the same subject

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Dining Buzz
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I have recently converted to Kusmi, which has wonderful blends of teas (as well as tisanes). I am partial to Anastasia in the morning, as well as a wonderful black tea with violet blend (I like floral blends). In the afternoons, I like their Rose Green tea blend as well as Prince Vladimir, and at night, their Linden tisane is divine.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
This post was the start of a thread in OMNI, which was moved to Dining Buzz.

I have merged it with the o.p.'s previous thread on the same subject

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Dining Buzz
Hah! The full circle, I guess.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I went to a bakery in Durham the other day and they had a drink called a London Fog. It was basically a tea latte made with Earl Grey tea. Quite tasty it was.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ysolde
I have recently converted to Kusmi, which has wonderful blends of teas (as well as tisanes). I am partial to Anastasia in the morning, as well as a wonderful black tea with violet blend (I like floral blends). In the afternoons, I like their Rose Green tea blend as well as Prince Vladimir, and at night, their Linden tisane is divine.
Interesting you should mention Kusmi. I tried it for the first time a few years ago at the Siesmayer Cafe in Frankfurt. I had asked for Earl Grey and they brought me the Kusmi Anastasia which I liked so much I bought some later that day. Since then I've always had a blue jar in my house but I've found that I don't drink it every day as it's just too floral and perfumed for me. I've reverted back to TeeGeschwendner's Earl Grey No 69 which, as I stated above, is just the best EG I've ever tasted.

I do enjoy the irony of finding that the best EG teas (for my tastes) are blended in Germany and France, whereas in the UK many/most people seem to be perfectly happy with 'builder's tea' made from a cheap bag with plenty of milk and sugar.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:20 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Dutchy's earl gray from Waitrose's is my favorite tea. Quite sweet with an orange flavor. Other wise I need a tiny bit of sugar in my tea.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite

I do enjoy the irony of finding that the best EG teas (for my tastes) are blended in Germany and France, whereas in the UK many/most people seem to be perfectly happy with 'builder's tea' made from a cheap bag with plenty of milk and sugar.
A friend of mine who is originally from Hanover told me that there is an active tea culture in northern Germany, from the many tea merchants there that historically also supplied the British Isles.

I happened to be at her house when her parents visited from Germany. They didn't speak English, but I remember trying to help her mom with the tea only to encounter a chorus of "Nein! Nein!" each time I did something wrong.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just discovered TeeGschwender has two US stores (in Chicago - who knew?) and a US website. I ordered 100 grams of the Earl Grey #69. Yay!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I just discovered TeeGschwender has two US stores (in Chicago - who knew?) and a US website. I ordered 100 grams of the Earl Grey #69. Yay!
I hope you'll like it. I can honestly recommend it as the best EG out there. It's a perfect blend in my opinion.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:42 pm

6-7 cups of green tea a day, with sugar and lemon.

Dragonwell, genmaicha, sencha, and, every once in a while, gyokuro.

Enjoying a cup at the moment, as it happens. Dragonwell, which is my favourite.

If any of my upcoming trips go through Shanghai, I'm heading out to West Lake to see where the best stuff comes from.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kalderlake
6-7 cups of green tea a day, with sugar and lemon.

Dragonwell, genmaicha, sencha, and, every once in a while, gyokuro.

Enjoying a cup at the moment, as it happens. Dragonwell, which is my favourite.

If any of my upcoming trips go through Shanghai, I'm heading out to West Lake to see where the best stuff comes from.

I do like genmaicha.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for sharing this. I will have to stop by one of their stores next time I'm through Chicago. ^
Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I've never really liked Earl Grey and the myth may well be accurate.

My absolute favourite is Keemun, but it's quite difficult to obtain nowadays, so I'll settle for Lapsang Souchong and even that is becoming more difficult.

As for tea bags, well they're ok for builders' teas but, for proper tea, you must use a pot and leaves.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:56 am
Suspended

For a fabulous selection of coffee and tea available worldwide.

http://www.algcoffee.co.uk/index.php...egory&path=562

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.