Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tea?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:23 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Is that available sweetened?
The brand has a full range of teas both sweetened and unsweetened. Unfortunately some vendors only carry this as their sole unsweetened product. The sweetened teas are also more of the lightly sweetened style compared to regular N. American brands such as Arizona, Lipton or Snapple.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:38 pm

The Sencha Shot is refreshing. I like the taste better than the larger ready to drink green teas.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Is that available sweetened?
Not in my neck of the woods.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bigbellytraveler
I recently had tea in colombia made from coffee rounds.
I'm confused. Isn't that just, um, coffee?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
TWG is my favorite, but hard to find stateside.

I have noticed an appalling trend of adulterating Earl Grey with lavender. Tazo and Teavana are the egregious offenders, which is problematic given their enormous distribution at places where I would be inclined to buy a cup.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm not a fan of "regular" green tea, but do like genmaicha (stuff with rice). I bought some expensive hoji-cha bags (roasted green, the tea is light brown in color) which were terrific. However, I made the mistake of then getting a box of cheap Yamamoto roasted bags, and they are far inferior - I'm trying to use them up as fast as I can! I don't drink much tea at home, but like having some in hotel rooms.

Maybe I'm too American, but the idea of milk in tea is offputting; only time I have had tea in the morning was in Turkey, because the hotel coffee was undrinkable. Can't stand chai, nor Constant Comment and other fruit-flavored teas.

For pu'er tea in the States, I'd try an Asian store, or a shop specializing in teas; steer clear of a chain store like Whole Foods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.