Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Organ Meats thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
A couple of years ago, for Halloween, we had a "scary foods" contest. I cooked a whole tongue, and some beef heart and some beef liver and I arranged them on a plate. The judging committee told me that if I would actually eat some of it, I would win. I said "What do you mean 'if.' That's my lunch!!!" (I won the prize.)
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:37 am

Thinly sliced fried calfs liver and crispy bacon with onion gravy and creamy mash is a delight.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
In HK, I love the braised tripes and intestine over soup noodles. Fried large intestine is great too. Chewy and tasty. Does pig's blood in congee count (yum)? Also, I love baked cow tongue, pig ears (Taiwanese style) , lungs (in soup), sweet bread, stomach...etc.

I am a true believer in eating organs. You kill an animal, you should use every part to honor them. Now I'm hungry.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I like tripe done in milk with onion and potato. I can get tripe here but the Scottish tripe seems to taste better. Haggis is alright in small quantities.....I used to use tinned haggis when camping and it was okay. Never been a big fan of liver since being made to eat it when I was young although some lambs liver with fried onion can be nice if I'm really hungry.

Lots of strange things can be bought and eaten here.....I have tasted some unidentified parts that have been cooked on the parrilla by friends but they're not for me I'm afraid.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:06 pm

Bopis (Filipino), my mom's specialty come Christmas time!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i don't think most pieces qualify as "organ" meat, but calves head was available at a restaurant in Lyon. i ordered a head, and a another course. the watress said "hun, is that all for you?" she explained i did not need any more food than one calf head. ended up being at least 5 lbs of meat. was spectacular. served with about a dozen condements. wife did not help finishing the dish. aaahhh to return to lyon. foie gras, oysters, and sweetbreads, and calves' (calf's?) head. with cheap st joseph and chatnuneuf depaup. .......as the cookie monster said "feed me"
Old Jul 24, 2013, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Rocky Mountain Oysters. A favorite snack when flying out of DEN.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:18 pm

I refuse to eat any animal's poison filters (liver or kidney)... that said, I don't mind eating heart (beef heart thinly shaved makes a great philly cheesesteak)
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA
grilled chicken livers!!!!!!!!!!! YUMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:26 am

i love the beef tongue and brains... if its your first time just dont ask what it is and just taste it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.