Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best burger in the world

Best burger in the world

Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:52 pm
hmv

Hi guys, I will be in NYC upcoming week and want to know where I can get the best burger in New York City!

And if you say it's the Corner Bistro, I'm gonna smack you in the face!! Yes, this is going to be a HIMYM-esque journey ;-)
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hmv
Hi guys, I will be in NYC upcoming week and want to know where I can get the best burger in New York City!

And if you say it's the Corner Bistro, I'm gonna smack you in the face!! Yes, this is going to be a HIMYM-esque journey ;-)
If you cannot make it to Peter Lugers in Brooklyn for lunch I would say go to BLT Burger on 6th Ave between 11th and 12th Streets.

Shake Shack is another option, I am partial to the Madison Square Park location.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm partial to The Counter in Times Square where you can build your own burger. It's pretty reasonably priced too. I usually go for lunch when I'm in New York and craving a burger.

Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Mick's Karma Bar won best burger in OC at the Golden Foodies last year. I'm kind of addicted. Most of their staff knows my order.

I really wanna try this burger, though.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:16 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PainCorp
I really wanna try this burger, though.
I have to find an excuse to go to Wrigleyville next month, while on a business trip to the Loop!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Kua'Aina Burger in Haleiwa on the North Shore of Oahu.

The have some great mahi sandwiches, too.

Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:51 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm partial to The Counter in Times Square where you can build your own burger. It's pretty reasonably priced too. I usually go for lunch when I'm in New York and craving a burger.

These days, a copacetic burger is passable as long as good sweet potato fries are present.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
These days, a copacetic burger is passable as long as good sweet potato fries are present.
au cheval in chicago best burger ever.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Notables in Calgary is still the best burger nowadays. Provolone drizzled onto gourmet beef/pork patty grilled to perfection, on a multi grain bun, served with gourmet salad.

Stopped in this week at my local restaurant and they took my favorite burger off the menu. That's cheddar and sauted mushrooms. They did end up make shifting my favorite by taking out the bacon on the 'Stockman' burger and adding sauted mushrooms. I always have salad and avoid the fries nowadays.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by hmv

Minetta Tavern Black Label Burger = best burger in NYC.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by jologolf212
minetta black label or a peter luger burger.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jologolf212
Based on my extensive research of the New York burger scene (partially chronicled here), I would agree.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Based on my extensive research of the New York burger scene (partially chronicled here), I would agree.
No offense to the PL Burger (which i think is very good) but its not in the same category as the Minetta Tavern BLB.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...-burger-1.html
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: aa gold
Im probably biased but 'The Fridge" Burger at Ditka's Steakhouse downtown Chicago is my favorite burger around.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I would take a Five Guys ant day...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.