Best burger in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best burger in the world

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 2:07 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Never really talked about by burger seekers, but there's a small place in lower Pac Heights, SF, that serves up the best burgers I've ever had: Curbside Cafe on California St (by Mollie Stone's). You would never know it from the look of the place or the menu, but the burgers are incredible.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I had a memorable burger at Gramercy Tavern in NYC last week that ranks right up there in my books with any I've had anywhere ever. ^
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
The grilled cheesus is pretty amazing in PDX

"The Original Cheesus
The Now-Famous Burger Behemoth. We've done away with the bun and replaced it with two grilled cheese sandwiches. That's right, two of them. One on top, another on the bottom. Pickles and American Cheese in one, Grilled Onions and Colby Jack in the other. Lettuce, Tomato, Ketchup, Mustard and 1/3lb Burger in between. You won't need to eat again for 2 days. Comes with potato chips and napkins."
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers

A little dive on St. Barts...
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by HSDebateCoach
Hands down Chuckbox in Tempe, AZ

(http://www.thechuckbox.com)

Flame-broiled. Delicious. Maybe my flight home from ATL will divert quickly so I can grab one
Originally Posted by CMK10
As an Arizona State graduate I smile when I think of that place. I certainly wouldn't call it the best burger in the world but I've walked and driven past it so many times so thank you for the good memories
Original Hamburger Works at 15th Ave. and Thomas across from Phoenix College (community college) is owned by the same family.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:46 am
formerly danblar

Has anyone tried Fergburger in Christchurch? Pretty good, but wouldn't beat In N Out, IMO.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Another great place for burgers is Rare in NYC, the restaurant/bar at the Hilton Fashion District on 26th st near 7th ave in Chelsea. Service is great as well and I love their fries.

They also give you a few small bowls with different types of ketchups and mustards.
I like the breakfast burger at the NYC Hilton Fashion District Hotel in their RARE restaurant. It is a burger wrapped in an omelet with a nice berry fruit side. It is about $12 but best of all it is available for free to staying Hilton Gold/Platinum members as a free breakfast benefit (along with other breakfast options). I ordered mine rare (trusting it was a proper high-end burger and steak joint) and I wasn't disappointed, great burger.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Mini cheeseburgers in the bar at the Paris Park Hyatt. Everything, including the tiny rolls were hand made. Perfect in every way ^
Old Feb 10, 2013, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by eyeam2cool4u
I like the breakfast burger at the NYC Hilton Fashion District Hotel in their RARE restaurant. It is a burger wrapped in an omelet with a nice berry fruit side. It is about $12 but best of all it is available for free to staying Hilton Gold/Platinum members as a free breakfast benefit (along with other breakfast options). I ordered mine rare (trusting it was a proper high-end burger and steak joint) and I wasn't disappointed, great burger.
I'll have to try that next time I stay there. I thought about ordering it before.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Mini cheeseburgers in the bar at the Paris Park Hyatt. Everything, including the tiny rolls were hand made. Perfect in every way ^
A little off topic, but have you had their desserts? I spend my birthday there last year. We had champagne and dessert there several nights. That Chocolate Bomb was amazing.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
The unofficial spokesman for the infamous Las Vegas restaurant Heart Attack Grill has, you guessed it, died of a heart attack.

9000 calories. Good to the last bite.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...#ixzz2KkKcEoxg
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:37 am

Slightly off topic, but just how big a burger (patty only) is "just right?" 1/3 lb? 1/2? 2x1/3 patties? more?

Assume whatever ratio of meat::accompaniments seems reasonable.

For me, 1/3-1/2 lb is just about right. I can get a good char without overcooking the middle and it leaves enough room on the bun for a large grilled portobello mushroom, peppers, etc., etc., etc.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by uszkanni
Slightly off topic, but just how big a burger (patty only) is "just right?" 1/3 lb? 1/2? 2x1/3 patties? more?

Assume whatever ratio of meat::accompaniments seems reasonable.

For me, 1/3-1/2 lb is just about right. I can get a good char without overcooking the middle and it leaves enough room on the bun for a large grilled portobello mushroom, peppers, etc., etc., etc.
I like 1/4 to 1/3. I'm going to take a wild guess that most others would like it bigger
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lancebanyon
I like 1/4 to 1/3. I'm going to take a wild guess that most others would like it bigger
1/3 to 1/2 for me. Anything bigger get's too big to easily eat.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by lancebanyon
That's about right for me too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.