Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best burger in the world

Best burger in the world

Old Dec 29, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Splitz Grill in Whistler, BC. No contest.

I make it my mission to find the best burger everywhere I go but far and away, the #1, absolute best burger in the world is Splitz Grill in Whistler, BC (there is also a location in Vancouver). Make sure you get the Splitz sauce!

A reasonably close runner up would be The Red Onion, also in Vancouver.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: FB Plat Lifetime - BA GGL - VS Gold - EK Gold - HH Diamond - SPG Gold - Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by JimJ321
Kumas corner in Chicago! Get there early...and enjoy a cool atmosphere and one of the best burgers ever. Pretzel buns, great fries and some pretty funky topping combos.
Kumas Corner - nothing comes close.

http://www.kumascorner.com/

When I've conducted a survey at some of the best restaurants in Chicago, Kumas was the chefs' unanimous choice. I humbly agree with them
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:26 am

Although Langford and Hubcap do have great burgers, my favorite is Christian's Tailgate in Houston. The one on Washington Avenue.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Definitely Kumas in Chicago
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The lamb cheeseburger at La Bonne Soupe on 55th Street in New York City is right up there. It's topped with Gruyere cheese and served with excellent fries.

If we're talking beef burgers, I really like The Counter in Times Square again in New York City. It's really reasonably priced for New York and you can pick from a ton of toppings. I did a third pound burger last time with blue cheese, au jus and cucumbers and it was phenomenal. Plus, their Parmesan fries are great.

You can see the burgers my friends had in the background and the toppings on theirs.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, Fairmont President's Club, AC Altitude Elite 50K
Originally Posted by hmv
Instead of How I Met Your Mother's search for the best burger in New York, I want to know where to find the best burger in the world according to the Flyertalk community.

To kick-off this topic, the best burger I had so far: The M-Burger in Chicago http://www.mburgerchicago.com/
Very tasteful and contains bacon, cheese and a secret M-Burger sauce sold at 4 locations across the city.
On their facebook-page they also publish a monthly secret menu with a pumpkin-shake on it right now.

So, what's your favorite burger in the world?
I do love MBurger.

For similar type burgers, I also love Five Guys and, to a lesser extent, Shake Shack
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:48 am

Port O Call in NOLA
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Rare in NYC

Another great place for burgers is Rare in NYC, the restaurant/bar at the Hilton Fashion District on 26th st near 7th ave in Chelsea. Service is great as well and I love their fries.

They also give you a few small bowls with different types of ketchups and mustards.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:22 pm

Chilicheese like a burger add mayonaise at the Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg, SC.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:07 pm

McD's Quarter Pounder. Why argue?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:59 am
hmv

Originally Posted by DVMonthego
McD's Quarter Pounder. Why argue?
Do you know how they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:03 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Best Ever: Holy Cow Burger; Albuquerque, NM

NYC: 5 Napkin Burger
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by hmv
Do you know how they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris?
They call it a Royale with Cheese.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by CUTiger78
They call it a Royale with Cheese.
But what do they call a Whopper?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by mradey
But what do they call a Whopper?
La Nourriture Abominable Que Vous Ne Devriez Pas Manger
(ordering that will get you pretty much anything on the menu in either McDonald's or Burger King)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.