Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by fwoomp
After hearing, many times, "Really??? You've NEVER BEEN to a Cheesecake Factory???" I can report that I've now been (...dragged there by a colleague).

Had an overpriced, mediocre salad. The bread was good. Maybe I needed to order cheesecake?
Originally Posted by CMK10
I've been dragged there time and time again and I have never had a good, or even a satisfactory meal. Overpriced, bland food.
Originally Posted by sky303
^^^ Awful place IME. Never understood the fascination. Menu is also way too big for them to do anything well.
Making my first and last visit at the same time last week. Difficult to understand the über-hype
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:00 pm

This evening I've been eating raclette in the Swiss Alps! Hmm cheese

Also I drank a good red wine called Dole
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by sky303
^^^ Awful place IME. Never understood the fascination. Menu is also way too big for them to do anything well.
This is key. I'm willing to bet NOTHING is made on the premises. A huge menu equals a huge turn off every time for me. Bonefish Grill is somewhere else that appears too good to be true judging from the size of the menu.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by indianwells
This is key. I'm willing to bet NOTHING is made on the premises. A huge menu equals a huge turn off every time for me. Bonefish Grill is somewhere else that appears too good to be true judging from the size of the menu.
FWIW I've had a couple meals at Bonefish and they were fine, a step up from Cheesecake Factory for sure.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Barolo braised beef short ribs with creamy parmesan polenta. An espresso and a bit of San Pelligrino before I tear into the sea salted dark chocolate.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:20 pm

Meal: breakfast

Two cups of coffee and 2 fried eggs with bacon, 1 sausage...
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Pork chop with mojo, rice and beans, plantains

Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Overwhelmed with hunger after a very long day of booze and no food I rustled up melted cheese on naan bread with dauphinoise potatoes and slices of parma ham and rocket salad thrown over the top.

With a freezer and microwave it took less than 10 minutes and it was bloody gorgeous.

Sometimes the healthy lifestyle regime can just go and do one.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Two nights ago my family and I had turkey, last night we had Indian food. So today, I took a roll, put on cheese, turkey and tikka masala sauce. It makes for one hell of a sandwich.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
FWIW I've had a couple meals at Bonefish and they were fine, a step up from Cheesecake Factory for sure.
Bonefish is not a bad place to dine and I agree a step up from Cheesecake Factory. Still located in every major suburb of a large city. My mom raves about their martinis being great...apparently my own mother hasn't had a martini before....
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:54 pm

Two nights ago my family and I had turkey, last night we had Indian food. So today, I took a roll, put on cheese, turkey and tikka masala sauce. It makes for one hell of a sandwich.
Sounds great!

We tried a new Indian place last week, and when the waiter was doing a "box count" at the end, looked at what was clearly a dish of just malai kofta sauce and asked if we wanted that, also. Yes, please! It is nice they don't think we're weird for wanting it, it's still good on rice…or sandwiches.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:14 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Manhattan

-Great Grains cereal with milk and peanut buter
-Marcona almonds with rosemary and sea salt
-Tofu with soy sauce and ginger dressing
-Pizza with Brussels sprouts
-Broccoli slaw
-Someone brought me some gaz, a "nougat" from Isfahan, Iran. It has almonds, pistachios, cardamom, rose water, and other delicious things.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysilver
Bonefish is not a bad place to dine and I agree a step up from Cheesecake Factory. Still located in every major suburb of a large city. My mom raves about their martinis being great...apparently my own mother hasn't had a martini before....
I like Bonefish... but there is none in the suburbs of the SF Bay Area.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Brunch
Atlanta (Inman Park), GA
One Eared Stag

Chef's Breakfast, top left clockwise: Buckwheat Pancakes with Bacon, Catfish Fritters with Stone Ground Cheddar Grits and Chilli, Fresh Goat's Milk Yogurt Parfait, Fried Pork Belly over Farro Risotto with Veg, Black Pepper Biscuit with Country Ham. Also included a can of Schlitz (not pictured). I can see why Zagat rated this best brunch in Atlanta. This was all amazing and not badly priced at only $22 with beer included. We also got a small assorted pastry basket that had a couple of savory scones as well as a doughnut and a muffin for $6, and I started with a forgettable Pils. Will be returning.

Also the way the Chef's Breakfast works is they don't have it on the menu and they don't tell you what's on it until it's brought out, so you have to be a little adventurous. I always love a meal that makes me think my cooking is mediocre.

Last edited by sky303; Dec 2, 2015 at 2:09 pm
Old Dec 3, 2015, 11:23 am

I'm studying at school today (with some occasional FT checks mixed in ) and I was very happy to discover our coffee shop has Cinnamon Toast Treats (like Rice Krispy Treats but with Cinnamon Toast Crunch). It's just what I need right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.