Reload this Page >

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:12 am

Tried a new seafood place at Marina Square, Singapore, called Umi-Vino. It is part of a newly set up Emporium Shokuhin. Had some lobster and scallops.

Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:24 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Manhattan

-Bran cereal, banana and milk
-Kumquat lozenge
-Cheese curd
-Shot of shiso umeshuu
-Tofu, but I wish Mitsuwa sold this too
-Shikkye
-Broccoli slaw with avocado, hummus, and wheat pita
-Nutella
-Apple
-Chocolate chips
-Cherry, blueberry apple juice
-Green tea
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Black Coffee, Green Gatorade & Orange Jell-O as I get ready to prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow. I haven't eaten solid food since Monday dinner and I am sooooo looking forward to dinner tomorrow night. Steak, salad & baked potato.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Dinner today was Sichuan Dry Fried Green Beans or Gan Bian Si Ji Dou. Damn tasty stuff with the pickled veggies, chilli and beef in there.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Tzatziki with pitta and lamb hasapa on a beach overlooking the Aegean Sea all of which were tickety-boo.

Last edited by Clint Bint; Oct 7, 2015 at 9:32 pm
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by Clint Bint
tickety-boo.
Tickety-boo most ricky tick.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:23 am
Suspended

Grilled octopus,lamb souvlaki,Greek salad and some surprisingly drinkable white wine overlooking a gusty Aegean Sea.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
More pictures please. I love this thread anyway but I'm in the hospital currently. For a hospital the food is quite good and we order from a room service menu. But more pictures please.....
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:31 am

Chicken escalope in a panko crumb, swede and carrot, garlic & rosemary crispy potatoes and a chicken gravy.

Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:19 am

A rib eye steak with fries with 2 delicious sauces: pepper and mushrooms. As a dessert there was a big birthday cake
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:06 am
Suspended

Posted in error and deleted

Last edited by Clint Bint; Oct 12, 2015 at 9:23 am
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Breakfast at La Grande Orange in Phoenix just now. "Chicken Hash" with rotisserie chicken, bacon, peppers, cauliflower and broccoli with a sunny side egg on top.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Clint Bint
Unfortunately I don't know how to post pictures but let me paint one for you with words.
It's late afternoon on a small Greek island and a topless Mrs Clint Bint and I are enjoying sundowners on our balcony overlooking a sparkling blue bay ringed by rocky hills dotted with classic white Greek houses.
We're in what was once a small fishing village that has now grown into a chic yachting harbour with plenty of superb restaurants.
We had a long boozy lunch today - squid linguini for herself and a rocket,prosciutto,parmesan and sun-dried tomato salad for me washed down with two large carafes of robust local red wine straight from the barrel.
This had followed an amuse-bouche of local cheese,salami,tomato and olives with olive oil-drenched freshly baked bread.
One skinny-dipping sunbathing session later and we're gearing up for a bar crawl of epic proportions ending with a late-night fresh fish based dinner at around 11pm.We watched the fish being unloaded from the local boats earlier today.
The great thing about a Greek vacation this time of year is that the hordes of tourists have gone and the locals can catch their breath and extend a typical Greek welcome.
Greece is going through some pretty rotten times but it's still a fantastic place to go island hopping.
Hope you get well soon !
Thanks for the extra effort. You should do that kind of writing professionally. ^
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
More pictures please. I love this thread anyway but I'm in the hospital currently. For a hospital the food is quite good and we order from a room service menu. But more pictures please.....
No pictures. I had 2 bowls of homemade chili made with chicken breast, real bacon and hot Italian turkey sausage as well as black and navy beans. Used a handmade flour tortilla to mop up the drips.

Get well and get home, GF.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:04 pm

Thanks everyone. Great stuff. Tonight I had chicken noodle soup with two packs of crackers, a whole wheat roll, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy and diet chocolate pudding. A fine vintage of diet ginger ale was the refreshing beverage to compliment the dinner.

Seriously, considering, it wasn't that bad. Meat loaf and mashed potatoes is a huge childhood comfort food for me so that was nice to have. No food or water for me starting at midnight and running until sometime tomorrow. So the vicariousness goes into overdrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.