Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Most Expensive Pizza

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:25 am
Original Poster

World Most Expensive Pizza

Nino's restaurant at New York city is serving up $1,000 PIZZA. decadent dish is topped with two of the world's top caviar.

The Bellisima Pizza from Nino's Restaurant in New York City features fancy toppings and a fancy price tag to match--order one of these pizzas and you'll find your bank account $1,000 lighter.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by printingray
Nino's restaurant at New York city is serving up $1,000 PIZZA. decadent dish is topped with two of the world's top caviar.

The Bellisima Pizza from Nino's Restaurant in New York City features fancy toppings and a fancy price tag to match--order one of these pizzas and you'll find your bank account $1,000 lighter.
does it include tax and tip
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:48 pm

I've lived in NYC for 3 years and have never even heard of Nino's, despite eating a ton of pizza. Who wants caviar on pizza anyway?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:53 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's expensive, but it's not the most expensive. These three are listed as costing more (Nino's is number four on the list)

Haggis, Glasgow, a Domenico Crolla Restaurant – $4,200

Remember folks, we are only on number three. This luxurious pie is named after the British super agent, James Bond. Known by all as the “Pizza Royale 007,” this pizza is sprinkled with 24-carat gold dust, topped with champagne-soaked caviar and lobster that is marinated in 100-year-old cognac. Yum!
----------------------------------

Favitta’s Family Pizzeria, Henrietta New York (near Rochester) – $8,200

This pie is known as the “Pizza for Lovers.” Seriously, $8,200 for a pizza? It better be sprinkled with diamonds. Wait a minute, it is sprinkled with diamonds, come on, really? This pizza doesn’t cost so much because of the ingredients, it cost so much because it comes with a diamond ring and a bottle of Dom Perignon. The price fluctuates depending on the size of the diamond. So gentleman, if you have a pizza loving girl out there, maybe this is the perfect way to pop the question.
--------------------------------

Luis XIII, Salerno, Italy, a Renato Viola Creation – $12,000

The price tag on this one is straight ridiculous. What makes this pie so expensive? Well, the creation takes 72 hours to make because the dough is given ample time to rest before being made into the most expensive pie the world has ever known. It is topped with bufala mozzarella, three types of caviar, lobster from Norway and Cilento, and it is lightly dusted with hand picked grains of pink Australian sea-salt from the Murray River. The cost includes service (thank God), and this pie can only be made in your home. That’s right, three Italian chefs will show up at your villa and make it for you in the comfort of your kitchen. Let’s just hope they aren’t staying for the entire 72-hour period because that would be a little weird.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 5:56 pm

Nevermind. No need to add to the silliness.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor

Ironically, I just read about this yesterday, too. But in one of those bathroom readers published in 2007. I'm surprised inflation hasn't knocked the price up a couple hundred bucks.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zoonil
does it include tax and tip
Originally Posted by GH83
I've lived in NYC for 3 years and have never even heard of Nino's, despite eating a ton of pizza. Who wants caviar on pizza anyway?

The Bellisima Pizza offers happiness in the form of $820 worth of caviar (six different kinds), and then about $180 for other ingredients, including the makings for dough and some Maine lobster sprinkled on top.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Maine lobster is five or six bucks a pound retail in this area. I so love it when restaurants use it as an excuse to price something out of this world.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:14 am

The Bellisima Pizza offers happiness in the form of $820 worth of caviar (six different kinds), and then about $180 for other ingredients, including the makings for dough and some Maine lobster sprinkled on top.
This $1000 pizza probably has been created just for the publicity. Of course, it will rarely if ever actually sell.

I'm not even sure how good caviar would be as a pizza topping. Even if one wanted to use caviar on a pizza, a more moderately priced but still high quality variety would be more than sufficient IMO.

This description of six different kinds of caviar and maine lobster on a pizza actually sounds unappealing. I'd rather have a $20 pizza Margherita and save my money to spend on food actually worth the money.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Gee, and I thought Harrod's in London was expensive. Someone who has become a good friend works as a waiter at Harrod's Pizzeria, so I always go there at least once when I'm in London.

Anyway, funny story. A few years ago we were going to Harrod's for pizza and a certain Flyertalker who knew I was in London texted me and asked if I wanted to go to lunch. I told him four of us already had plans to meet at Harrod's for lunch, but he was welcome to join us. He did and we all ordered individual pizzas. The pizza and the service were impeccable, as always. Anyway, my Flyertalker friend said, at the conclusion, "Did I just have a $50 pizza?

I said, "No, you had a Diet Coke too!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:47 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by uszkanni
Nevermind. No need to add to the silliness.
Amen !!! ^
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:48 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by cordelli
Maine lobster is five or six bucks a pound retail in this area. I so love it when restaurants use it as an excuse to price something out of this world.
All year round or only in Season...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.