Souffles

Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I recently had an excellent coconut souffle at Pierre Gagnaire Dubai. (For a mere AED 350, or about $100 , but worth it.)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by mecabq
I recently had an excellent coconut souffle at Pierre Gagnaire Dubai. (For a mere AED 350, or about $100 , but worth it.)
Are you implying that the price of your souffl was inflated?

Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:34 am

I was thinking how nice it might be to take Bananas Foster and make a souffle. Then I thought it would be fun to use Hawaiian Candy Apple bananas with macnut liqueur instead of banana liqueur. So maybe the resident Souff Chef will give it a try and post back. Unless, of course, mangoes are in season.

http://judicialpeach.com/2008/12/14/...oster-souffle/
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:51 pm

If the hike from the kitchen to a table is too long, most restaurants will never consider adding souffle to the menu. It deflates too easily. I try to stay away from deserts because I am a health nut.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:36 am

I haven't eaten Souffle ever so it may be a fun for a change with such a big choice in Paris.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by printingray
I haven't eaten Souffle ever so it may be a fun for a change with such a big choice in Paris.
Go for it, try to do one dessert souffle, and one savory or cheese souffle at least!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Without any question, the best souffle I ever had was a bread pudding souffle for dessert at Commander's Palace in New Orleans. We didn't know anything about it when we came to the restaurant but overheard many people ordering it and decided to try it. Unbelieveable!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by JerryFF
Without any question, the best souffle I ever had was a bread pudding souffle for dessert at Commander's Palace in New Orleans. We didn't know anything about it when we came to the restaurant but overheard many people ordering it and decided to try it. Unbelieveable!
I was going to make a comment about that really not seeming to match up, but if anywhere can do it, I'd say that's the location!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:15 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

My favorite souffl was at Laperousse in Paris. It was a fresh raspberry souffl. Many years later,the experience is still vivid.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by Steph3n
I was going to make a comment about that really not seeming to match up, but if anywhere can do it, I'd say that's the location!
It's still on the menu -

"Desserts

Souffl -Creole Bread Pudding Souffl with warm whiskey cream. 8.50 (Additional for a complete meal 3.00)"

Last edited by JerryFF; Jun 19, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.