Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bars and Restaurants in Skyscrapers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
The Mado Lounge at the top of Mori Tower in Roppongi is pretty amazing-- great view of the city and Tokyo Tower!

And will also vouch for O-Zone at the top of the Ritz Carlton in HK, when it's not cloudy you get a great view of HK island.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by transparent
The Mado Lounge at the top of Mori Tower in Roppongi is pretty amazing-- great view of the city and Tokyo Tower!

And will also vouch for O-Zone at the top of the Ritz Carlton in HK, when it's not cloudy you get a great view of HK island.
Updated to reflect your recommendations.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:28 am

"London: The Heron Tower Restaurant & Sky Bar: Heron Tower, 38-40th floor [In]"

I can vouch for Duck and Waffle, 40th floor of Heron Tower in London, http://duckandwaffle.com/, and have heard fantastic things about SushiSamba on 38 of Heron Tower - an officemate of mine has been three times in the last two weeks.

Happy to take questions on Duck & Waffle and/or give menu recs by PM.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
Cafe Sydney (31 Alfred St. Sydney NSW 2000) is on the fifth floor of the historic Customs House and has stunning views of the Harbour and Circular Quay. It's not terribly high but I think the panorama from the terrace is worthy of a mention here.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:19 pm

I just went to the top of the Columbia Tower in Seattle. It is the tallest skyscraper by far. There is dining at the 46 floor, and a paid view on the top (80) floors.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by emma69
Canoe in Toronto (54th floor) is good, really good service, nice food, great wine selection.

360 (revolving restaurant at the top of the CN Tower) not great IMO - although it is a few years since I went and have been told it has improved.
Doesn't Trump's new hotel/residences have a pretty nice restaurant that is high up with nice views?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:19 pm

Their was a rooftop bar I was in in Tokyo - in the financial district. I can point it out on google maps but cant find the name. I don't see it on this list above. Awesome little place - I'll get the info to add.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Their was a rooftop bar I was in in Tokyo - in the financial district. I can point it out on google maps but cant find the name. I don't see it on this list above. Awesome little place - I'll get the info to add.
Can you post a link to Google Maps? Maybe someone here will know which one you are talking about?

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Doesn't Trump's new hotel/residences have a pretty nice restaurant that is high up with nice views?
Yes! Chicago: The Terrace at Trump: Trump Hotel Chicago, 17th floor [FT]

Originally Posted by PipTwink
I just went to the top of the Columbia Tower in Seattle. It is the tallest skyscraper by far. There is dining at the 46 floor, and a paid view on the top (80) floors.
Thanks for the report! There is also a Starbucks on the 40th floor skylobby that is the same price as all the other starbucks and has GREAT views. It's locally known among Starbucks employees as "Skybucks".

Originally Posted by jchiguy1
Cafe Sydney (31 Alfred St. Sydney NSW 2000) is on the fifth floor of the historic Customs House and has stunning views of the Harbour and Circular Quay. It's not terribly high but I think the panorama from the terrace is worthy of a mention here.
Thanks! Added to the list!

Originally Posted by lostarkansan
"London: The Heron Tower Restaurant & Sky Bar: Heron Tower, 38-40th floor [In]"

I can vouch for Duck and Waffle, 40th floor of Heron Tower in London, http://duckandwaffle.com/, and have heard fantastic things about SushiSamba on 38 of Heron Tower - an officemate of mine has been three times in the last two weeks.

Happy to take questions on Duck & Waffle and/or give menu recs by PM.
Fantastic! I've updated the entry.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleFlyerGuy

Yes! Chicago: The Terrace at Trump: Trump Hotel Chicago, 17th floor [FT]
Well, I forgot about that. But I was following the Toronto-focus discussions. His new building just opened not too long ago in Toronto.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Well, I forgot about that. But I was following the Toronto-focus discussions. His new building just opened not too long ago in Toronto.
Oh whoops. My bad.

This perhaps? http://www.stockrestaurant.com/
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:07 am

@seattle guy - I'll do that. Obviously not that we'll known but it's a neat place.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: Skyteam
Detroit's GM HQ has a nice restaurant called "Coach Insignia". The view of Canada is excellent from the 72th floor.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skchin
Detroit's GM HQ has a nice restaurant called "Coach Insignia". The view of Canada is excellent from the 72th floor.
Added your recommendation to the entry.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
1) New York Grill in Tokyo - which I'm sure has already been mentioned. Was there in February. Dinner just okay, but great for a drinks and live jazz (now nightly).

2) 20 Up in Hamburg - Top floor of the Empire Riverside Hotel. Amazing panoramic views of the city. Hip crowd.

3) Tower Club at Lebua, Bangkok - which has also been probably mentioned already.

4) Tavola 36 in Osaka - Atop the Swisshotel Nankai. It's an Italian restaurant by night, but it's also used for complimentary breakfasts in the daytime. Not sure this qualifies as a 'skyscraper', though.

5) There's a cafe at the observation deck of one of Tokyo's Metropolitan Government Buildings. Forget which tower has it; maybe both do.

6) Columbia Tower in Seattle - I frequent the Starbucks on the 40th floor. It not only has excellent views, but the layout of the space is nicer than most other Starbucks.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seattletravelguy
1) New York Grill in Tokyo - which I'm sure has already been mentioned. Was there in February. Dinner just okay, but great for a drinks and live jazz (now nightly).

2) 20 Up in Hamburg - Top floor of the Empire Riverside Hotel. Amazing panoramic views of the city. Hip crowd.

3) Tower Club at Lebua, Bangkok - which has also been probably mentioned already.

4) Tavola 36 in Osaka - Atop the Swisshotel Nankai. It's an Italian restaurant by night, but it's also used for complimentary breakfasts in the daytime. Not sure this qualifies as a 'skyscraper', though.

5) There's a cafe at the observation deck of one of Tokyo's Metropolitan Government Buildings. Forget which tower has it; maybe both do.

6) Columbia Tower in Seattle - I frequent the Starbucks on the 40th floor. It not only has excellent views, but the layout of the space is nicer than most other Starbucks.
Added! We're up to 214!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.