Bars and Restaurants in Skyscrapers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bars and Restaurants in Skyscrapers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2011, 7:42 pm
Suspended

I really liked the wine list and wine service at Windows on the World, and the food was good enough to support the truly spectacular wine offerings. Unfortunately, OBL, Mohammad Atta, and Khalid Shaikh Mohammad et al liked the place a lot less than I did.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:27 am

For Tokyo I enjoy Mixx bar at the top of the ANA Intercontinental, ask if Jan is in and if so get him to make one of his cocktails.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Is there a restaurant up the Eiffel tower? Is it good for kids?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free Agent
Updated to include everything so far.

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Well, there is one at the Eiffel Tower... Las Vegas. I'm not sure if there is one in the tower itself. I think it's just the observation deck at the top. Another FTer recommended Le Ciel de Paris: Tour Montparnasse, 56th floor as a spot.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.co...ID/1/rid/2666/

Ohhh, there is a champagne bar at the top! I wonder if that is new, as I don't remember it from a couple of years ago!

(I didn't eat at a restaurant when I went up a couple of years ago, I took a half bottle of wine, a demi baguette and some cheese up with me, and had a picnic at the top!)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by emma69
http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.co...ID/1/rid/2666/

Ohhh, there is a champagne bar at the top! I wonder if that is new, as I don't remember it from a couple of years ago!

(I didn't eat at a restaurant when I went up a couple of years ago, I took a half bottle of wine, a demi baguette and some cheese up with me, and had a picnic at the top!)
Thanks Emma69..

Looks like a few choices including sandwich casual..

nice!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by SeattleFlyerGuy
Detroit: Coach Insignia: RecCen, 72nd floor [In]
Coach Insignia is seriously good, and prices are much lower than you would expect for a place with such impressive food, view, and atmosphere.

I occasionally consider going to Detroit just to eat at this restaurant. I am not kidding.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Just got back from Las Vegas, and added some more options to the list. A couple of notes:

Lounge 107: It is free to go up to the bar with a two drink minimum, and during happy hour there are 2 for 1 martinis and half-price appetizers. Afterwards, you can walk up to the observation deck where the rides are for free (which would normally cost you $16 just to get up there).

Tea Lounge, Mandarin Orient: Very nice and reasonably priced afternoon tea. The view here is very nice and looks northward towards the strip. Three tables are directly against the window, so it is a good idea to book early and ask for one of those.

Effiel Tower Restaurant: This information about table 56 was from the concierge.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:14 am
Original Poster

96 bars! Anyone care to name the last four so we can get up to 100?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

There is a Japanese restaurant, I think named Kozue, in the Park Hyatt (Tokyo) that deserves a mention. It is a bit lower than 50th floor but I have had some good meals there. Also, it is two floors high with more or less floor to ceiling windows on three sides. The view of Tokyo is breathtaking. And the fugu course meal is pretty good.

Last edited by GadgetFreak; Jan 21, 2012 at 7:27 pm
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

There is a Japanese restaurant, I think named Kozue, in the Park Hyatt (Tokyo) that deserves a mention. It is a bit lower than 50th floor but I have had some move meals there. Also, it is two floors high with more or less floor to ceiling windows on three sides. The view of Tokyo is breathtaking. And the fugu course meal is pretty good.
We're at 100 now. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:11 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Doesn't the Reunion Tower in Dallas have a restaurant? I read somewhere that Wofgang Puck has a restaurant up there.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBa
Doesn't the Reunion Tower in Dallas have a restaurant? I read somewhere that Wofgang Puck has a restaurant up there.
There is! And it's added.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:53 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
another in Kuala Lumpur

Menara KL has a decent restaurant at 276 m (advertising says 421 m, which
is the total height of the tower). Revolves, too.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

One addition in Stockholm, and a brief review of the Portland City Grill. I checked it out over the weekend while I was down there. Seems like a pretty decent place, but it's extremely popular for the late night happy hour. I'd advise hitting it for lunch (which is in the $10-15/plate range) or getting there early for the happy hour. The HH drinks were pretty weak, but the regular ordered drinks were much better.

Here's a few pictures up on the blog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.