Favourite Breakfasts ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favourite Breakfasts ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
One word.. Replicators..

I don't believe in those pills to begin with.. Placebo?
Funny.. eating pills for nutrition.. I bet the body would react satisfied with a placebo.

Originally Posted by obscure2k
After my trip to the Santa Monica Farmers Market yesterday, I am convinced that the best breakfast is freshly picked Gaviota strawberries, Arctic white nectarines, a few blackberries, a couple of dollops of good Greek Yogurt (I like Fage 2%) and a sprinkle of a good locally-made granola. As much as I love that breakfast, I am starving about 3 hours after.
Sounds good.. Looking to deduce the possibilities.. towards an excellent healthy breakfast..

Sounds like this is where its at.^
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Funny.. eating pills for nutrition.. I bet the body would react satisfied with a placebo.

Sounds good.. Looking to deduce the possibilities.. towards an excellent healthy breakfast..

Sounds like this is where its at.^
It's all in the mind...

3 hours after eating that sounds right.. at least from a 5 meals a day perspective..
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
It's all in the mind...

3 hours after eating that sounds right.. at least from a 5 meals a day perspective..
Interesting perspective..

If its all in the mind.. and a pill is created to tell the mind you aren't hungry..

Then.. successful weight loss program!

Regarding 5 meals a day.. to all FTers who try this.. the key is to cut down on the portions..
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
Brunch at Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc in Yountville. Good luck getting in!
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Currently at Fairmont Mayakoba.. and have been enjoying breakfast buffet with some spanish dishes over the past couple of weeks..

Great having made to order Quesidillas..^
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:32 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Most of the time I'd rather eat leftover dinner food than breakfast food, but of the breakfast food options...

#1 eggs benny - best I ever had was at Snooze in Denver. Followed closely by the Park Hyatt Vendome

#2 French Toast - best I ever had was the Cinnamon Challah French toast at the Breakfast Club in Scottsdale

#3 Full Irish - definitely with mushrooms, and minus the black pudding.

#4 Corned beef hash and eggs.
I was in Scottsdale over the weekend and was reminded about how much I love the Breakfast club.

and their eggs benny ranks right up there next to Snooze.

Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
Wait, what? The Park Hyatt Paris has great eggs Benedict?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Just had a childhood favorite: finely chopped onions and ham, sauteed in butter with scrambled eggs (basically, scambled eggs). But instead of toast with super-sweet jam, I had a salad, because I'm not a child anymore and not allowed to eat carbs.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:40 am
Suspended

At Newport Beach Fairmont currently.. my wife likes the continental here..

Good Eggs Benedict yesterday.. with Canadian Back Bacon
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I'm at home, I tend to like simpler things: a bowl of cereal or peanut butter on toast. If I feel like eggs, my childhood favorite was always what my dad calls Egyptian Eyeballs (aka eggs in a hole). You cut a hole in the middle of a slice of bread, fry it in butter or olive oil, and crack an egg into the hole. The yolk must be runny still!

If I'm out and about and need something quick, I like the Starbucks turkey bacon breakfast sandwich.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by missydarlin

and their eggs benny ranks right up there next to Snooze.

No offense, but the hollandaise in that photo looks absolutely horrendous. I have never had good hollandaise that looked anything like that, and I cringe when my benedict shows up looking that way.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
In the midst of all these fancy or spartan breakfast suggestions, part of my vote goes to an old favorite, "Foreskins on Toast", chipped/dried beef in cream sauce over crisp toast (the one reward after standing the 4-8 watch).
Old Jul 31, 2011, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Off to meet a Flyertalker for brunch at Heaven on Seven! Jalapeņo corn muffin! ^ Cheddar cheese grits! ^
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TMOliver
In the midst of all these fancy or spartan breakfast suggestions, part of my vote goes to an old favorite, "Foreskins on Toast", chipped/dried beef in cream sauce over crisp toast (the one reward after standing the 4-8 watch).
It may be delicious, but I'd never eat anything called a foreskin...at least, not like that.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
It may be delicious, but I'd never eat anything called a foreskin...at least, not like that.
It's your earned reward after "standing the 4-8 watch" (TMO will be confirming shortly what that's code for...)

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.