Reload this Page >

Most you've paid for a drink

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most you've paid for a drink

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slawecki
so how much was the Nebuchadnezzar? what did you do with it all?
I can drink massive amounts of champagne, I probably accounted for 3 litres myself at least. There were 12 others I invited along and we all did our best. Everyone ended up fairly drunk, I ended up drunkenly getting a suite and we crashed out upstairs (my house was 3 minutes drive away). Amazing night

I paid about $2500CI for the bottle, so around $3300USD, and yes there was an 18% auto gratuity added onto that. We drank from around 7 until 1230 or so. My girlfriend at the time was furious, I said I wouldn't get drunk and had polished 12 glasses of champagne before we even cut the cake at 8. In hindsight, not just a great night but one of the best I've ever had. All the tourists in the hotel were taking pictures of my friend and I with the bottle haha
Old Feb 6, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Ah, gotcha.

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I guess my post wasn't clear. His glass was $30.50. Mine was $30.50. I paid $61 for 2 shots. It definitely felt like San Francisco prices.
Yeah, that is pretty bad then! One supposed advantage of living in Tenneesee is that you don't have to pay San Francisco prices, but that didn't happen in your case!
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:20 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by evj
Glass of Krug, it was a while ago but I think it was $35.
Must have been a few years ago -- quite a bargain at today's prices ... less than buying a bottle at Costco (if they carried Krug).

Personally I draw the line at USD 100 an ounce, surprising how much stuff is now approaching that price point, no longer a stratospheric pricing level. I suppose that is the true measure of how the world turns.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: Free Agent
Probably about $20 in Stockholm for a Belgium beer at Belgobaren.

Alternatively, Cloud 9 in the Jin Mao Tower was a bit on the expensive side, but I still felt like it was reasonable. I think there was a 110 yuan minimum, but we had some gin and tonics and a cigar, so we cleared that with no problems..
Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by number_6
Must have been a few years ago -- quite a bargain at today's prices ... less than buying a bottle at Costco (if they carried Krug).

Personally I draw the line at USD 100 an ounce, surprising how much stuff is now approaching that price point, no longer a stratospheric pricing level. I suppose that is the true measure of how the world turns.
Didn't CostCo used to carry Dom Perignon at very reasonable prices? $35 is a decent price, I think it's about 6 flutes per bottle so around $210 scaled up? That's not bad at all. I wasn't sure how much Krug is going for in the US but if anyone is interested this place seems to have it at the outrageously cheap $120 a bottle

http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=100010
Old Feb 7, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did the Singapore Sling at Raffles, but I didn't settle the tab, so I will go with the other poster's estimate on that one!

Harry's Bar was pretty expensive (several cocktails later, and thankfully no bill that I saw again - gee I love my friends!!)

A few hotels have charged silly money for glasses of wine / champagne but I have erased prices from my memory.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The Wynn in Vegas has a scotch priced at $640 a glass, though I've never sampled it.

My most expensive drink is $26 for something called a "Volcano Bowl". It was at a tacky, faux Tiki Bar place in the Village called Otto's Shrunken Head. It came with a ton of booze and a number of straws for me and my friends. Definitely worth the experience.

MMM
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
In Singapore last October,
my friend insisted on a pair of Slings at Raffles. US$50+.

I shudder to think what the price would be
if they actually put a noticeable amount of liquor in it
Haha, this was going to be my answer as well. It was essentially just bottled fruit juice.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I paid $30 for a cocktail at the Burj al-Arab in Dubai about 4 years ago. It was a camel milk mojito, as I recall...and it was surprisingly tasty. I got two of them, actually.

OP - $30ish for a shot of Macallan 18 is about right for a bar price. The bottle is $200 or so at a discount liquor store.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:17 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
$45 for a glass of champagne at L'Arpege in Paris.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by BamaVol
I was dining yesterday afternoon in a gastropub in Knoxville Tn, prior to the Tennessee-Alabama basketball game. After dinner, I caught my son in law looking at the top shelf of the bar and asked him if he'd like an after dinner drink. When he said yes, I ordered 2 shots of Macallen's 18 year old scotch. It was excellent, but I was stunned when the bill arrived and I was charged $30.50. I was even more stunned when I saw that amount repeated lower on the bill.

$30 is easily 2 and a half times what I've paid for my next most expensive drink. I know y'all can top that, but were you shocked?
My story involves Macallan as well. A decade ago my husband ordered a glass of Macallan 25 at a restaurant in San Francisco. I can't remember if he knew the price. Well, the bill came and my aunt, who was paying, wanted to know what the $45 item on the bill was. My husband realizing it was his drink, got up and paid that portion of the bill.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
At times I think I've said that's way too much, but for the life of me I cant remember what they were. Either, I blocked it out, or it wasn't enough for me to remember.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Originally Posted by CMK10
The Wynn in Vegas has a scotch priced at $640 a glass, though I've never sampled it.

My most expensive drink is $26 for something called a "Volcano Bowl". It was at a tacky, faux Tiki Bar place in the Village called Otto's Shrunken Head. It came with a ton of booze and a number of straws for me and my friends. Definitely worth the experience.
I used to live across the street. Many a night ended with the "bowl"

I once paid 76$ for a Bourbon in London.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

$45.00 for an Armagnac at the Ritz Bar in Paris (when the dollar was good).
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by QCAir
There are a couple of places in Vegas that have got me $20-25 for a single shot of not-too-special liquor. $30 is pretty pricey for the volunteer state...
CE
There are many bars in Vegas which charge a minimum of $20 per drink but do so primarily in an attempt to keep riffraff out, so it can't really be used to estimate the cost of other drinks in a relative/proportional fashion.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Macallan 55 usually sells for $2500/shot around Vegas bars. I've only sampled it. I might be tempted to buy one if it would finish the bottle, but that will never happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.