Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
A Dogfish Head 90 min IPA next to a can of High Life (the champagne of beers )

Not sure which to drink first.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by tkey75

Here is a lawn fertilizer recipe that includes beer, I would suggest using the one that is not from Dogfish for this.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:47 pm

I'm totally out of beer. Woe is me.

Not being a hard-core beer drinker, I don't know what, or when I'll buy more brewski.

Therefore, I must withdraw from this *contest*.

Last edited by Kohoutek; Jan 23, 2010 at 8:08 pm
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:38 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Gulden Draak Belgian Tripel Ale
Abita Abbey Ale
Pyramid Haywire Hefeweizen
Avery "The Beast" Grand Cru

Last edited by aau; Jan 23, 2010 at 9:43 pm
Old Jan 24, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, Velocity
James Squire Sundown Lager. Good drop, all the James Squires are excellent.

Budejovicky Budvar (or however its spelt).
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Ben Ell
James Squire Sundown Lager. Good drop, all the James Squires are excellent.

Budejovicky Budvar (or however its spelt).
Over here, it's spelled Czeckvar
Old Jan 24, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by tkey75

If you drink the DFH 90 Minute first, you won't taste the Miller High Life.

I'm not making a value judgment about either beer, just pointing out an effect of drinking a highly-hopped IPA if followed shortly afterward by a much less hoppy beer.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, Velocity
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Over here, it's spelled Czeckvar
You're in the US? I believe its because they're not allowed to use Budvar because of Budweiser, despite Budejovicky (thats the bit I can never remember how to spell) being the original Czech Budweiser.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Ben Ell
You're in the US? I believe its because they're not allowed to use Budvar because of Budweiser, despite Budejovicky (thats the bit I can never remember how to spell) being the original Czech Budweiser.
Yeah, I'm in the US. Good for you to even attempt Budejovicky. I'm not sure I could spell Budweiser without help.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:05 pm

Sam Adams! But I am from Boston.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Yes, please come back and tell us what you thought of the Shiner Frost. I've seen it at Central Market, but haven't yet tested the waters.
I liked it! However, it was not really uhh...a 'winter' brew the way that I think about winter brews. It didn't really seem very full-bodied...was more light & crisp. It was tasty though, that's for sure. Still have half of the 6-pack in my fridge and will probably finish it this weekend.

Oh yeah, since you're in the state, I gotta say Franconia Winter Wheat (that place is just in McKinney? I could totally make that drive) is delightful. I had that stuff on tap at the Amsterdam Bar just this past weekend & was wishing I could have a few more! Not sure if you can get it down in ATX, but if you see it, give it a try.

But my favorite Texas 'winter' brew has got to be the Saint Arnold's Christmas Ale, which I had on tap the weekend before last at a bar in Houston. Drank that stuff all night! Fortunately I was not driving.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage
dupe deleted

Last edited by exquisitered; Jan 27, 2010 at 10:02 am Reason: duplicate due to lousy work browser, mod feel free to remove
Old Jan 27, 2010, 10:13 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by exquisitered
I liked it! However, it was not really uhh...a 'winter' brew the way that I think about winter brews. It didn't really seem very full-bodied...was more light & crisp. It was tasty though, that's for sure. Still have half of the 6-pack in my fridge and will probably finish it this weekend.

Oh yeah, since you're in the state, I gotta say Franconia Winter Wheat (that place is just in McKinney? I could totally make that drive) is delightful. I had that stuff on tap at the Amsterdam Bar just this past weekend & was wishing I could have a few more! Not sure if you can get it down in ATX, but if you see it, give it a try.

But my favorite Texas 'winter' brew has got to be the Saint Arnold's Christmas Ale, which I had on tap the weekend before last at a bar in Houston. Drank that stuff all night! Fortunately I was not driving.
Not much of a wheat beer fan, so I will probably take a pass on the Franconia. Love Saint Arnold's Christmas Ale, however.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Beeer I Wish I Could Get For My Fridge

The most recent beer I can't get for my beer fridge but wish I could is Stash IPA from the Independence Brewing Co. of Austin, Texas. I had some at a beer tasting recently and I'm really impressed. That's one of the best new IPAs I've had in quite some time.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
The most recent beer I can't get for my beer fridge but wish I could is Stash IPA from the Independence Brewing Co. of Austin, Texas. I had some at a beer tasting recently and I'm really impressed. That's one of the best new IPAs I've had in quite some time.
It only has 4 reviews on BeerAdvocate (where I see you are also a member), and all are on-tap so far. Not clear from their web site if bottling is in the works or not. Good luck and happy beer hunting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.