Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
The featured brewery at the Brass Tap last night was local brewer, Grayton. I had a pint of their pale ale. I followed that up with a pint of Abita Mardi Gras bock. Then the guy next to me started getting agitated and I decided I'd had enough to drink.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My dad and I are devastated as our favorite beer, Wayerbacher Double Simcoe Hops, has been retired by the brewery
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
My dad and I are devastated as our favorite beer, Wayerbacher Double Simcoe Hops, has been retired by the brewery
Be sure and let them know how you feel about it. If enough people feel the same way, maybe they'll bring it back as a seasonal.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Be sure and let them know how you feel about it. If enough people feel the same way, maybe they'll bring it back as a seasonal.
Good idea. I shot a tweet to them earlier, let's hope that gets some awareness.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Does this mean if I see any up this way, I should buy them and arrange for them to make it down your way?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Does this mean if I see any up this way, I should buy them and arrange for them to make it down your way?
We would be most grateful, yes.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:24 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
We would be most grateful, yes.
Then perhaps I shall pay a visit or two to some beer distributors I know who might have some.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: HH Silver
Alberta Genuine Draft with its 360 degree can (more here)
Old Jan 26, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Alberta Genuine Draft with its 360 degree can (more here)
Piels brewery, out of Brooklynn, tried that back in the 60's with their wide mouth bottle. Great concept, awful beer. They even had a 7 ounce bottle that you could finish in one gulp.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Piels brewery, out of Brooklynn, tried that back in the 60's with their wide mouth bottle. Great concept, awful beer. They even had a 7 ounce bottle that you could finish in one gulp.
The Alberta Genuine Draft is pretty good. Not award-winning but a decent deal regardless of the novelty of the can.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
The Alberta Genuine Draft is pretty good. Not award-winning but a decent deal regardless of the novelty of the can.
Their can is certainly unique. After I posted above, I did a Wikipedia search and found a number of other brewers that bottled using the wide mouth concept. I also remember, although not which brewer, a company selling cans with a wider than normal pull tab which allowed for a healthier swig of beer.

These days, I like to pour my beer from the can into a glass before I drink it and am far less concerned about chugging it quickly than I was at 18.

Unfortunately, this far south, we do not see much beer from Canada beyond Molson, Labatt and Moosehead. However a Canadian friend did send me a bottle of a Quebec microbrew called "Mad Cow" (La Vache Folle, in French of course). Sadly she failed to read the label until she went to ship it. It was a milk stout and I am lactose intolerant so I will have to hand it on to one of my lactose tolerant children.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a couple pints of Maine Beer Company's Lunch IPA on Tuesday night. It's my favorite beer. All MBC brews I've had are great.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Been sitting in my favorite beach bar in PVR drinking some ice cold Pacifico.

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jan 27, 2017 at 8:33 am
Old Jan 28, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went out to the Brass Tap last night for a couple native Floridian beers. Grayton is still brewery of the month so tried their stout and found it very coffee-centric. Also had a pineapple pale ale from Funky Buddha. Enjoyed it way more than Ballast Point's pineapple sculpin. The difference was it was a bit sweeter and more pineapply. Headed to Ft Lauderdale in April to the Funky Buddha brewery and taproom. I'm very excited about that.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:07 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Finally someone that drinks Maine Beer, and no doubt realizes how hard it is to get. (Unless you get Zoe or something...)

We drank several cases of Maine this weekend on a ski trip with friends. Mainly their Lunch and Old Man Tom, which I also liked.

Never had the dinner, yet. That's my goal for 2017.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.