Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you into Kimchi?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by warreng24
I think I must be the only asian person who despises kimchi.

I'm not a fan of kimchi as well.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by MelesMeles
kaszeta:
The burgers are only available in the bar area at their Seven Dials location by Covent Garden (which is gorgeous), not at the Spitalfields spot.
A few years later, and last week I finally made it to Hawksmoor for a damn fine kimchi burger:

(At Spitalfields in the bar, since apparently they do the burgers now as well, but just in the bar)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by kaszeta
A few years later, and last week I finally made it to Hawksmoor for a damn fine kimchi burger:

(At Spitalfields in the bar, since apparently they do the burgers now as well, but just in the bar)
Thanks for the nice burger pic! Did they fry the Kimchi? From my BBQ experiences in Korea, it tastes rather nice when fried/grilled in animal fat.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:22 am

Yes, it's fried. And delicious.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
I know kimchi is a pickle of sort but, look at the size of that green pickle. Too small for the size of the burger.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I made my own kimchi earlier this year, and it was predictably awesome, just like everything else I've ever made, ever.

Just kidding. But it actually was quite good, and considering that it was my first attempt, it was surprising. I think I stopped th w process a little early, because I was afraid of killing people with it, but it was still good. I might go a few more days next time, or actually I do the whole "months" method.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
For the first time in my life, I had some kimchi I enjoyed. A fellow FTer and I were at a Korean restaurant in Hong Kong (Go Koong) and we ordered some BBQ. I tried a piece of Kimchi by itself and I found it repulsive. Then, I had a brainwave. I took a piece of the pork belly I'd just cooked, topped it with a piece of kimchi and it made an excellent taste combo.

Long story short: kimchi + meat = delish
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:59 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I had kimchi jjigae (stew) for lunch the past three days. Good times.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
I love Kimchi. That reminds me.. need to plan a trip to ICN next year
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:32 pm
Suspended

I had some wicked hot Kimchi at Star Noodle in Lahaina, Maui the other day. My sense is that it really opened up the taste buds for the next couple of dishes.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Anyone else prefer turnip/radish to cabbage?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Anyone else prefer turnip/radish to cabbage?
Cubed radish kimchi is my favorite. It's on my list whenever I go to Super H Mart; cabbage kimchi I can get locally.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:08 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
love kimchi, I actually am going to try making my own for the first time in a couple weeks.

Side note: I had a delicious kimchi quesadilla from Roy Choi's "truck" in terminal 4 at LAX, in fact it was much better than the 3 types of tacos I tried.
http://la.eater.com/2014/12/4/733324...l-4-plane-food
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I hate kimchi and I'm Korean. For some reason though, I don't mind eating kimchi stew (specifically the bean sprouts, tofu, pork, etc.) and kimchi pancakes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.