Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Record the time for a completed transfer from Club Rewards to the partner program.

OneWorld
British Airways: 2 days (Wed); 2 business days (Fri)

SkyTeam
Delta Airlines: 3 days (Wed)

Star Alliance
Air Canada: 2 Days - Wednesday 1/14 AM to Friday 1/16 after 9 PM
SAS: 13 Days (Thu - Wed)
South African Airways:
Thai Airways:

Independent
Alaska Airlines: 3 days (Thu); 3 days (Fri)
El Al Airlines:
Hawaiian Airlines:
Iceland Air:
Southwest Airlines: 6 business days (Tue); 4 business days (Tue)
Virgin Atlantic: 11 days (Thu); 5 days (Wed) 11 days (Sun); 10 Days (Sat)

Hotels
Best Western: 6 business days (Thu)
Choice: 5 business days (Fri)
Hilton:
Intercontinental Hotel Group: 7 days (Mon)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club (USA) points transfer time

Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:03 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hauteboy
I thought AA transfers were no longer allowed, ...
This is true for personal cards issued in the USA, but AA is still a partner for Club Rewards Canada and (perhaps) for corporate cards issued in the USA.

Perhaps nitrobass24 will clarify the type of card, and how the transfer was requested (website vs telephone).
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Yes it is definitely a corporate card. I made the request through the website like i always have.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they've gotten rid of AA transfers on personal US cards, chances are they've downgraded the method / frequency of transferring to AA.

I know to some more obscure partners in the past they only transferred once or twice a month, and using physical media (tapes, discs, whatever) that had to be mailed and that sometimes misread, etc, but the data was duplicated on several successive transfers, so if one was corrupted the next one would pick it up. (No, transfers are not done individually and electronically, as you might think. They're done in bulk, and are often still done physically.)

Anyway, if AA has been downgraded to an "obscure" partner, it could be they've reduced the frequency of transfers and/or changed the medium.

Keep in mind that Citi has an extroardinarily close relationship to AA (Citi is AA's bank, not just for credit cards and such, but for actual funding of the airline!). Now that Diners is not longer Citi, it wouldn't matter who had taken it over, I would excect a not-as-close relationship with Citi with any possible new owner unrelated to Citi.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:10 am

Yes. Canadian Diners still provides point exchange to AA miles. Besides, I was surprised they offer +30% campaign
I wonder if I could have Canadian version and transfered my points from my US card...

Originally Posted by mia
This is true for personal cards issued in the USA, but AA is still a partner for Club Rewards Canada and (perhaps) for corporate cards issued in the USA.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plt, Marriott Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Yea the 30% is awesome....too bad my points still have not posted.

Have Support Tickets open with both Diners and AA.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Unhappy

I ordered points to miles on 11/28/11 and was told there is no charge for the conversion and it will take up to 8 weeks, sure enough I had not gotten my miles as of now yet, patiently waited the 8 weeks, will need to call them now. It used to take only two days to get the miles with 0.95 charges.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:58 am

I'm about to transfer from a us corporate diners account to AA, any recent experiences with timing? Also should I do in via phone or web?
TIA
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:20 pm

for the record transfered on Tuesday, points showed up on Wednesday a bit more then a week, transfered online.

Originally Posted by JJYY
I'm about to transfer from a us corporate diners account to AA, any recent experiences with timing? Also should I do in via phone or web?
TIA
Old Jun 2, 2012, 3:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, ALL Gold
How Long for DC to Marriott Transfer?

Can anyone tell me how long it typically takes DC to transfer Club Rewards points to Marriott Rewards?

Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, ALL Gold
For future reference, after requesting the transfer online, the points showed up in my Marriott Rewards account in 2 business days.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:57 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Transfer from Diners (USA) to Virgin Atlantic requested 7.12.2012 , posted 7.23.2012, eleven days.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Transfer from Diners (USA) to Virgin Atlantic requested Thu 7.12.2012 , posted Mon 7.23.2012, eleven days.
(I added the days of the week above.)

Transfer from Diners (USA) to SPG requested online Fri 7.20.2012, posted Wed 8.1.2012, twelve days.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:47 am
mia

Moderator action

Discussion about adding new transfer partners has been moved to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...os-2012-a.html
Old Sep 15, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Transferred US DC Rewards to Hyatt Gold Passport

I did a points transfer online to Hyatt Gold Passport at the Club Rewards site. It was more complex than necessary as I had to add four separate rewards to my cart to get the desired number of GP points. When I checked out I had to enter my GP account number and date of birth four separate times, once for each reward. After that worked it didn't like my mailing address which had been pre-populated with my zip+4+2 which DC uses to send my statements.

So after all was fixed and the redemption processed I got an email stating it would take 2 to 6 weeks for the points to hit my GP account.

I'll let you know when that occurs.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheCount2
I did a points transfer online to Hyatt Gold Passport at the Club Rewards site. ...........

So after all was fixed and the redemption processed I got an email stating it would take 2 to 6 weeks for the points to hit my GP account.

I'll let you know when that occurs.
As of this morning the transferred points are in my Hyatt Gold Passport account. All in all, I think that a week to transfer points is good service.^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.