Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Record the time for a completed transfer from Club Rewards to the partner program.

OneWorld
British Airways: 2 days (Wed); 2 business days (Fri)

SkyTeam
Delta Airlines: 3 days (Wed)

Star Alliance
Air Canada: 2 Days - Wednesday 1/14 AM to Friday 1/16 after 9 PM
SAS: 13 Days (Thu - Wed)
South African Airways:
Thai Airways:

Independent
Alaska Airlines: 3 days (Thu); 3 days (Fri)
El Al Airlines:
Hawaiian Airlines:
Iceland Air:
Southwest Airlines: 6 business days (Tue); 4 business days (Tue)
Virgin Atlantic: 11 days (Thu); 5 days (Wed) 11 days (Sun); 10 Days (Sat)

Hotels
Best Western: 6 business days (Thu)
Choice: 5 business days (Fri)
Hilton:
Intercontinental Hotel Group: 7 days (Mon)
Print Wikipost

Diners Club (USA) points transfer time

Old Aug 20, 2002, 7:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BearX220:
They are now charging 0.95 per 1000 miles gained through transfer (2000 during the BA 2::1 promo), regardless of speed of transfer. The fee is not an expedition fee. It's nonsense to suggest that paying the fee will somehow move things along faster; there is no "fast track" available. I just ordered 50,000 points transferred to my BA account via the DC website late Thursday night, and they showed up in my BA account on Monday afternoon.

[This message has been edited by BearX220 (edited 08-19-2002).]
</font>

Yes there is an extra expedite fee of $35 on top of the regular .48 cente per 1000 miles transferred. (Or you can pay 95 miles. This has been in place since April and it is for all points not just those acuired through the promotion.)This is for the miles to show up in your BA account within 48 hours. I know, I have chosen to pay it.

Form what I understand, Diners transfers all points on Thursdays to BA and they show up in BA accounts on Tuesdays. So yes if you hit it right your points will transfer in 4 days.

Old Aug 22, 2002, 10:01 am
Original Member

I am *really* annoyed by Diners new fee to transfer miles. The annual card fee is not insignificant and the more points one has to transfer, presumably the more one has spent on DC and the more profit for Diners Club. This is not a good way to treat customers: the better the customer, the larger the amount and the more annoyed the customer...

They won't be getting my Freddie vote next year.
Old Aug 22, 2002, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Last year DC cost me $80. This year it's costing $95 + $25 miles transfer fee, or $120. That is a 50 PERCENT hike in card costs over last year. Is there ANY other service provider in your life that has hiked their costs by 50 percent in the last 12 months? It's outrageous. And it's not that I don't have another $40, it's the #$*&( principle of the thing.

So I am calling them later this week to seek either a healthy retention bonus or cancellation.
Old Aug 22, 2002, 4:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BearX220:
Last year DC cost me $80. This year it's costing $95 + $25 miles transfer fee, or $120. That is a 50 PERCENT hike in card costs over last year. Is there ANY other service provider in your life that has hiked their costs by 50 percent in the last 12 months? </font>
I don't much care for the fee, but that's a bit much, no?
Old Aug 23, 2002, 3:45 pm

Extremely happy with the DC to BA transfer... Have done two transfers in the past two months... Less than a week in each case.

Much better than the Starwood to Qantas transfer. I have not had one transfer post to my QF account without having to wait the 30 days and having them start an investigation.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
In the past, I have had pretty quick transfers from DC to BA (within a week). I have not paid expedited fee but then again, I did not need them within days.
Old Aug 25, 2002, 10:30 pm

I'm pretty upset about the new fees also, but DC is still the only card that offers primary rental car coverage, I believe.

I know that doesn't matter to lots of you, but it's worth something to me.
Old May 16, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Diners Club points transfer time

I transferred some Dinersclub points into my frequent flyer program (miles) over 5 weeks ago, but the points haven't posted. How long does this usually take? Thanks.
Old May 16, 2006, 8:18 pm
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
That seems to long time. Which airline?
Last month I transferred to UA, and it took a few weeks.
Old May 17, 2006, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thetick97
I transferred some Dinersclub points into my frequent flyer program (miles) over 5 weeks ago, but the points haven't posted. How long does this usually take? Thanks.
There is no "usually" consistent between airlines.

Some airlines which do infrequent transfers from DC may do the transfers in occasional sessions, and physcally (a disc or tape sent) rather than electronically, while others who do frequent transfers may do them electronically.

And then, since it's tape or disc, sometimes the data doesn't read. In that case, it can take ANOTHER cycle for it to transfer (correctly).

It can thus take a couple days if done daily, a couple weeks if done weekly, and well over a month if done monthly.

You should call DC and ask them how often and how the transfer is done (not just "how long" it takes) to your particular airline, to get a realistic picture of whether 5+ weeks is a problem or not.
Old May 17, 2006, 8:55 am
Suspended

I transferred some points from my wife's Diners club into her AA account they said 1 week took under 3 days ( could have been less but I didnt check until 3 days had passed)

mike
Old May 17, 2006, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
I would call them and have them track them. 5 weeks is excessive. Mine transferred to UA in a few days.. I still have yet to see the bonus miles.
Old May 17, 2006, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Definitely call them. Once, they totally "lost" my transfer request and they had to re-do the transfer.
Old May 20, 2006, 1:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
Thanks

for all the responses. I'll give them a call and see what the hold up is.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Time required for Diners to Choice transfers

Can anyone comment on the amount of days a transfer of points from Diners to Choice usually takes. I am looking at transferring points to Choice for a redemption at a Preferred Hotels property. Sadly you have to have the points in your Choice account before you can book the reward stay so I am kind of worried about availability issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.