Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello Diners Club....anyone there...anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Hello Diners Club....anyone there...anyone?

I've had a Diners Club "Professional" card for 21 years. I like the primary car insurance, transfer-ability of points. It's not flashy but since being co-branded with MasterCard, it works.

But they failed to - sort of - credit my last month's payment. When I try to communicate with them in ANY way other than phone (when I get nice but utterly clueless young people) I cannot get through. There is one obscure e-portal inside their website that simply does NOT work and after an exasperating HOUR on the phone last night asking for ANY e-mail address I was told "we don't have one."

If I didn't know better I'd think this was a Russian mafia bank scam.

Any similar experiences/suggestions?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
In my experience most USA financial companies are unwilling to discuss account-specific issues via internet email because of security concerns.

When I submit a message using the Comments and Suggestions link on the Contact page I receive a reply, but it is often a request to call.

This process has been improved for the Consumer cards because there is a facility to receive (as well as send) secure messages.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
I, too, have had a Professional card and its ancestors for over 30 years. While I wish that they had an automatic payment system like every other account and utility company, I have never had a problem when I called about an issue, perhaps once or twice a year. However they would really like you to have a PIN for your account when you phone in, and perhaps you do not.
But as always, if the agent can't do what you want, just hang up and call again (HUCA).
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:40 pm

call and advise them that you are thinking of
cancelling after 21 years as a customer,
unless they resolve this issue promptly.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It probably won't help. I had one of these professional accounts with two cards almost forever and then gave up in frustration not long after the Canadian bank purchased Diners Club.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It probably won't help. I had one of these professional accounts with two cards almost forever and then gave up in frustration not long after the Canadian bank purchased Diners Club.
I have a branch of that bank in my hometown, and I go there several times a week.

I cannot pay my Diners bill there. Nutso.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I really wonder if anyone is home. You can reach them on the phone and they are really nice, but whenever necessary to reach them otherwise, including by mail, there seems to be no one there. I was trying to set up an Additional User and sent in the documentation (could not be done online as with most cards) and no response. I call up and they send me a new application and I send that in and still no response. Anyway, I wound up back at Citibank again, but this time with the Citi Preferred card, which I got for my AU which came with a Priority Pass for the AU that allows two guests.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Nevsky
... Citi Preferred card, which I got for my AU which came with a Priority Pass for the AU that allows two guests.
I think you mean Citi Prestige, which has a much higher annual fee than Diners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.