Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Diners Club | Club Rewards
Reload this Page >

Harris Bank to start Diners credit bureau reporting Jan 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Harris Bank to start Diners credit bureau reporting Jan 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My card is now reporting on TU as well as EQ. I suspect it also is reporting on EX. I just don't have access to the report at this time, but my score jumped 8 points recently.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: MP(1K) Million Miler, Marriott Plat
My card is now reporting on TU as well as EQ, added in the last two days. I don't know if EX has it as well.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I was under the impression that cards were reporting within a few days after statements post. However, the statement for my Premier card posted on the 4th and has yet to report. Not that I'm complaining but is there something I'm missing with regard to the expected reporting date? (My original notice said that it'd start reporting in January, which is what others saw when their cards reported in February.)
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
My TU and EQ report show up to date info on my DC Premier. So far, EX takes longer to post the last statement's figures.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess my card was reporting after all. I never did get a "new account" notification from myFICO but did get a "reduced balance" notification on EQ and TU just now. Looks like I'm cancelling that service when it's up for renewal if it's not going to notify me of new accounts but that's another discussion.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
I guess my card was reporting after all. I never did get a "new account" notification from myFICO but did get a "reduced balance" notification on EQ and TU just now. Looks like I'm cancelling that service when it's up for renewal if it's not going to notify me of new accounts but that's another discussion.
What does myFICO's "new account" notification mean exactly?

Your Diners Club card is not a new account. It's newly appearing on your credit report, but that's different than a new account. Your "new account" reporting may only report cards that were newly opened, not newly appearing on your credit report (but opened quite a while ago).

This is a very special and rare case of a card that was opened some time ago but that has suddenly started appearing on credit reports. Some monitoring agencies may not have thought about how to classify such an occurrence, given how rare it is. (It's quite different still than the pre-2015 Amex practice of backdating the "opened on" date of new cards to the date of your first Amex card.)
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What does myFICO's "new account" notification mean exactly?

Your Diners Club card is not a new account. It's newly appearing on your credit report, but that's different than a new account. Your "new account" reporting may only report cards that were newly opened, not newly appearing on your credit report (but opened quite a while ago).

This is a very special and rare case of a card that was opened some time ago but that has suddenly started appearing on credit reports. Some monitoring agencies may not have thought about how to classify such an occurrence, given how rare it is. (It's quite different still than the pre-2015 Amex practice of backdating the "opened on" date of new cards to the date of your first Amex card.)
I was thinking that the notification meant that an account was posted to the report for the first time. Unfortunately it appears I didn't even get that for the new card I signed up for a couple of months ago. Now I'm wondering if that notification is supposed to appear at all or if I should only expect notifications for inquiries and changed balances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.