Print Wikipost

My annual fee was automatically refunded

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by miadeals
..am I the only one?
No, I have moved the existing discussion from another thread. The assumption is that these accounts will be closed by Harris Bank, because that's what they did a year ago, but we do not yet have closure reports.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by joanna j
My $300 fee posted on 10/30 and was not refunded.
Same date, same fee, opposite result.

Originally Posted by mia
No, I have moved the existing discussion from another thread. The assumption is that these accounts will be closed by Harris Bank, because that's what they did a year ago, but we do not yet have closure reports.
I sure hope not...I quit MS on its a couple months ago.

My spending pattern:

nov: $100 (statement with AF)
oct: $100
sep: $4k
aug: $6.5k
jul: $5k
jun: $6k
may: $3k
apr: $4k
etc...

Last edited by mia; Nov 19, 2015 at 4:20 pm Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Word now is that it might have been one of those "mistake in your favor" types of deals. According to the CSR that the person talked to, anyway. Who knows what they'll do?

Too bad they don't seem to be extending the offer to the rest of the people with those cards who didn't get AF credits if true.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Word now is that it might have been one of those "mistake in your favor" types of deals. According to the CSR that the person talked to, anyway. Who knows what they'll do?

Too bad they don't seem to be extending the offer to the rest of the people with those cards who didn't get AF credits if true.
Well, I guess this more than makes up for discover not offering me a one time courtesy on apple pay...

...though, how stupid is that person that can't help themselves and HAD to call? What if they realized the error and charged them the $300? Some people..
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miadeals
Well, I guess this more than makes up for discover not offering me a one time courtesy on apple pay...

...though, how stupid is that person that can't help themselves and HAD to call? What if they realized the error and charged them the $300? Some people..
To be fair, people did feel like they have cause to worry considering BMO's previous history with their consumer cards. That poster might have been better waiting until other signs of shutdown appeared though (like credit limit on their website dropping to $0).
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:36 pm

well i wish they mistakenly reversed my AF...
I use my Elite DC for everything!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:46 pm
ylv

Programs: SPG Plat, DL Plat
Received an adjustment for $75 AF on my professional card. Wife got a $300 AF adjustment on her Elite.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:52 pm

So this is a shot in the dark - does anyone else wonder if maybe BMO is working on a sale of Diners Club to another bank?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mb131174
So this is a shot in the dark - does anyone else wonder if maybe BMO is working on a sale of Diners Club to another bank?
Who would they sell to? I can't think of anyone offhand who'd be interested.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ylv
Received an adjustment for $75 AF on my professional card. Wife got a $300 AF adjustment on her Elite.
Huh? My professional card AF has been $95 for years. Is yours $75, or did you only get an adjustment of $75 on your $95?

Anyhow, only a fraction of professional cards are likely to have AFs come due at this time of year, while all Premier/Elite cards are likely to, because the window for applying for them was very short (and at this time last year).

In my case, my next (professional card) AF won't hit until next June, by which time this thread will probably be asleep.

Who would they sell to? I can't think of anyone offhand who'd be interested.
The one I fear: Amex, to buy it and shutter it, folding it into Membership Rewards charge cards. (Well, in North America anyway.)

Last edited by mia; Nov 24, 2015 at 5:07 am
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:50 am
mia

BMO bought the Diners franchise for the Corporate accounts. The consumer and small business accounts were a bonus or a nuisance. I doubt that their contract would allow them to sell it off piecemeal.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Huh, my AF got credited a few days ago. Are they now applying it to everyone who didn't get it the first time around?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:46 am
mia

I see that the original annual fee was billed on 10.31.2014. The renewal fee was billed on 9.30.2015, and refunded on 11.23.2015. I suspect they are correcting for billing the renewal prior to the account anniversary date, and I would expect the fee to be rebilled soon.

(To see when your original fee was billed you will need to look in the Statements area of the website, Activity doesn't look back far enough.)
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I see that the original annual fee was billed on 10.31.2014. The renewal fee was billed on 9.30.2015, and refunded on 11.23.2015. I suspect they are correcting for billing the renewal prior to the account anniversary date, and I would expect the fee to be rebilled soon.

(To see when your original fee was billed you will need to look in the Statements area of the website, Activity doesn't look back far enough.)
My first AF was billed on 9/30/2014, with the second billed and credited on 9/30/2015 and 11/23/2015 respectively.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:37 pm
mia

My first AF was billed on 9/30/2014, with the second billed and credited on 9/30/2015...
Thanks. I am out of ideas on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.